Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

boots

Old 12-05-2003, 09:23 PM

Default RE: boots

i've just found the best socks in the history of hunting. Ingenius by Wigwam ( at dicks ) .....they wove two socks into one ....the inside sock is something called olefin and the outside is merino wool. Now my feet sweat like an arabian camel farmer ....I just shoveled the driveway and took my dog on a hour walk .....my feet were not wet when I got back nor were they cold. buy them .....$16
Old 12-05-2003, 09:39 PM

Ok, as far as warm feet, my feet are always cold, and i don't like bulky rubber boots and i pretty much bowhunt... being scent free is a must!! Can anyone help me out?
Old 12-05-2003, 09:42 PM

muck boots. i believe the website for them is muckbootcompany.com

search on yahoo for them.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hoyt I am with ya on the rubber boots thing, I wear them as the absolute last resort. All I wear are boots with the rubber sole/lower and leather/cudora uppers, never caused me any grief.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:45 PM

Skeeter, wouldn' the leather have an odor to it?? I'm trying to shy away from the odors and leather is a pretty hard odor to get rid of...and it holds sweat to boot! Plus, all the rubber boots with the 1200 grm insulation are all bulky as compared to the ones with lets say 600. I can't stand having a bulky boot like that up in the tree and 2 pairs of socks don't really cut it for me either...
Old 12-05-2003, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hoyt I do most of my hunting on the ground with all weapons and I can't say it has cost me by using leather uppers on my boots vs rubber. I really don't find gortex boots to absorb the ordour outward like an all leather can, a little baking soda and good dry out and she GTG for me.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:12 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all your reply's!!Here's what I am using right now...the pair of military boots, which are leather, (just put SnoSeal on them before season). As for socks I use regular socks and over that I use Remington Fieldmaster socks. They are made with:
77% Acrylic
13% Merino Wool
10% Nylon

These socks, I thought at the time, would help keep my feet warm, but I noticed alot of people talk about polyproplene sock liners. I'm gonna have to check those out, got me curious...lol. My feet do sweat a little bit.

Outlaw