HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - wow-opening day
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003, 08:56 PM
A.K.A eastwood

Default RE: wow-opening day

It would be ashame if you finally did fall asleep and accidently slept most of the morning
ouch! i did that once. i was so excited to go out hunting, at 1:30am i suited up and went out. i thought i would get out a little early. the stand i was hunting was only a 4 minute walk form the back door of the house. so i get out there and sit down next to the tree that the stand is in cuz i didnt want to clinmb in the dark. when i say it was dark, i mean it was DARK! i literaly could not see my hand in front of my face. so i figured, what am i doing, i cant even see anything, so i wlak back up the hill towards the house about 25 yards and decide to sit donw there and wait it out, then i decided to just lay back on the hill and look at the stars. i woke up about 3:30am freezing my nads off so i go back into the house and lay down on the bed a wrap up in a blanket to keep me warm. about 10:30 i woke up to a gun shot, i scrabmle to get my stuff together and run out the door towards my stand. as im runnig down the hill, my partner is draging a buck out of the woods, he shot it under my stand. he said, " where did you just come from?" i said, " its a long story." he just shook his head and walked up the hill with the deer. bummer!