Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunter harrassment

Old 09-04-2018, 02:43 AM
Spike

I know its not harassment on the party who leased the land im saying harassment on the part of my uncle
for having them set up all this crap all around my hunting area knowing I wouldn't be able to hunt
there. my rights to the land are exactly the same percent as his.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:55 AM
Spike

I agree you should talk to your uncle and get a feel for whether it was, a misunderstanding or intentional. That should at least allow you to make a more informed decision on how to move forward. To me it sounds like you believe that it is intentional and that the two of you don't really have a relationship. Otherwise, it would have been a simple phone call and problem solved. If I was the uncle, and this was a misunderstanding and you had called me, I would offer to help you find a new location and put your equipment up. Good luck and I hope it is just as simple as you moving over. But I wouldn't move a thing until I spoke to him first.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think hunter harassment can be a issue here period, as if they BOTH own the land, both have the right to do what ever they want with it, unless its stated in some sort of legal contract
the game dept will NOT get involved here at all and tell you its a civil matter t be worked out
hunter harassment would be if an outside party (NON LAND OWNER) was causing the hunter harassment, and interfering with there hunt in some way
but if your uncle gave them permission to do what ever they are doing, you have ZERO harrassment here, even from your uncle, , that is again, if you's DON"T have land use spelled out in a legal document here
if its a open book on useage of the lands, he can place crap where ever and how ever he wishes as you can

again, you NEED l to talk to a lawyer, and have them do a land deed search and find out who all is on deed and what deed states, and if there is NOT terms on land use I strongly suggest you's set some up
and again, if your uncle is getting paid or NOT< and you's are TRUE 50/50 partners with this land, ALL costs and profits LEGALLY have to be split, as do decisions being made on any OTHER persons use of this land
or you BOTH can be harassing each other in different ways
you need to legal help here, and I would suggest talking to a lawyer before confronting your uncle here PERIOD< as why give him a chance to get a lawyer first and make you jump thru more hoops, as it surely seems to me your uncle has a issue with you on what he thinks is HIS LAND and not both your's land!

plus a lawyer will keep a cooler head and not put a foot in there mouth with a confrontation with your uncle as you might when emotions get the better of you!
Old 09-04-2018, 06:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

If the op wants to hunt his own property he needs to stop *****footing and either confront the uncle or have an attorney contact him and straighten him out. He also should get half the money the uncle got from leasing the ground he does not own in its entirety. On thing I have learned in life is if you allow people to push you around and take it, they will push harder. I do not understand the op's reluctance to do anything up to this point.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:38 AM
Spike

the reluctants is because I want a cooling off period before confronting him
and ending up doing something id regret. I think a lawyer intervening is my best
option. it isn't a 50/50 split the land was my grandparents who left it to their kids
5 of them so 20 percent each the other 3 don't have any thing to do with the land
have never helped with taxes have never cared less. deed is still in grandparents name
its a very screwed up mess. my dad tried on several occasions to straighten it out
but could never get total agreement on any thing. why he didn't go to court and straighten things out I can only assume he was to kind hearted to hurt any of his siblings feelings. I don't feel I should just walk away without a fight for whats rightfully part mine
Old 09-04-2018, 08:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

If some of the family never helped ay the taxes you can file a claim against them to put it in your name. Of course you would have to get the deed straightened out. Perhaps ypu and your uncle can work together on that end and then divide it 50-50.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

The harassment accusation is likely baseless due to ownership and lease.

It appears you have a grasp on the situation. I agree treading lightly into the eventual legal battle is the best option. I would review the lease agreement. Upon renewal, don't renew or at least stipulate the building site. I would dance around said uncle until you hold more cards and are well versed in the situation and applicable law. Speak with the other owners individually to see where their feelings fall. May be able to buy them out for more ownership.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I fully agree, if the other partners in this property are lax in there part, that can be used against them and possibly allow you and your uncle to BUY them out, r force there hand into paying there share
I personally think this is WAY beyond you and your uncle settling things out,a s you's are all , out of line maybe with the lands use and handling of its BOTH bills and profits
as if there are other partners here, they too are able to get there share of any profits from being leased
and I HOPE there is insurance on this property with all that is going on , on it, as if someone gets hurt, you ALL can be in for a law suit
another reason to get ALL 5 of you's in a room with some consul and working out a contract on what is allowed and what is NOT
s NOT having it done and done legally, your just asking for a repeat in problems like these
the longer you put it off the harder the feelings will be when it comes out
it will NEVER get better!

again, have a lawyer do a DEED search on the property and see what is on that, and go forward from there with having all partners in it, have a sit down and HAVE legal representation there for each , so it can go forward from there
this seems like a LONG over due problem, everyone has been HOPING fixes itself and that will NEVER happen,
as it will ONLY get worse if all partners end up passing on and leaving there share to another person or persons
been in like situations in a few deaths over the yrs with land that was shared with several family members and it NEVER goes easy or fun, claws come out, and your WAY better off having legal advice BEFORE you get the ball rolling! and DON"T expect anything to go FAST
my last land problem with family took 18 months and ONLY ended as we came to a case buy out settlement
which IMO was the best option

so, the sooner you start the sooner it will be over and done with, letting it continue, your ASKING for more and more issue's down the road!