Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got my opening day doe

Old 11-07-2016, 08:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by flags
You need to put a "yet" at the end of that sentence. Because eventually you will blow a shot. What are you going to do then when one runs off with the jaw hanging? All it takes is a fly landing on a deer's nose causing it to toss it's head when you squeeze. That's why all very knowledgeable hunters don't take headshots. But hey what do I know? I just shot deer #90 on Sat.
Everyone hunts different. Some spot and stalk like the Indians, others stand hunt. That's how I do things. It's MY land, MY gun, and MY privelage to be able to enjoy the outdoors. So if i I wanna pull the trigger it doesn't matter where. As long as that animal dies it doesn't matter. As far as I'm concerned it didn't feel a thing. What more could you ask for? None of the animal gets wasted. I even give the bones to my Grandpa and he makes soup out of them.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Blah, Blah, Blah. None of that is relevant to the point that eventually you will blow the headshot and watch a deer run off. Doesn't matter who owns the land, who owns the gun, how the Indians did anything (by the way how many headshots do you think they took with bows? Also, I happen to be Arapaho so I qualify as an Indian) or what type of privilege it is. None of that will mean a thing to the deer running off with its jaw shattered while you watch the smoke clear.

And 15 deer isn't really a lot of experience. I'd killed that many before I was 17 years old but that didn't make me an expert. Perhaps when you have more experience you'll understand why no really experienced and serious hunters advocate the shot you love. They have all seen it fail and one day you will too. Perhaps you're just too dense to see the point I make.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:29 AM
Banned

I don't really give a damn what you think. I'm gonna hunt the way I want. Complain all you want but at the end of the day I'm gonna do it anyway. Your just mad you couldn't pull off that kind of precision accuracy. And if I do blow the shot which Is unlikely, well 1 deer out of the 13 deer with headshots is pretty solid.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muzzleloaderhunter
I don't really give a damn what you think. I'm gonna hunt the way I want. Complain all you want but at the end of the day I'm gonna do it anyway. Your just mad you couldn't pull off that kind of precision accuracy. And if I do blow the shot which Is unlikely, well 1 deer out of the 13 deer with headshots is pretty solid.
It isn't about giving a "dam*" about anything. It is advice, what you do with it is up to you. You do whatever you want. But you will blow the shot at some point. As to being "mad" about accuracy, I am certified as expert on 7 different weapons platforms and have pulled of shots longer than you'll ever attempt in the military. Ever shot at a man while he is shooting back at you? Didn't think so. You admit you shoot at ranges all the way to 30 yards! WOW! I took a doe on Sat at more than 170 with one shot and detached her heart from the major arteries. You don't impress me.

And having one wounded deer is one too many. Kind of a flippant attitude towards the game. You do know you just gave fodder to the antis don't you? You need to do a little growing up Junior.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:14 AM
Banned

I've shot longer than 30. Took a buck in Montana last year from 270. One of the deer tbat wasn't a headshot. That's how I do things. Nothing you can do. Let the antid think what they want because no matter what they think we're just killers. In fact my next doe will be another headshot just to rub it in. I won't blow the shot anytime soon. To solid of a shooter. Now get off the computer old man and go vote trump like me. Trump 2016!
Old 11-08-2016, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Now get off the computer old man and go vote trump like me. Trump 2016!
I voted early ballot more than a week ago Junior. Straight GOP ticket. When you blow the headshot remember this conversation. It will happen eventually but I doubt you will have the courage to admit it when it on this forum when it does. Now go grow up.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:26 AM
Banned

I voted early ballot more than a week ago Junior. Straight GOP ticket. When you blow the headshot remember this conversation. It will happen eventually but I doubt you will have the courage to admit it when it on this forum when it does. Now go grow up.
Not gonna change the way I hunt because some old guy on a computer told me too. Bottom line is i get the job done. My family counts on me to get fresh venison. And I deliver. My dads the same way. 134 deer in his life and he says about 65 of them are headshots. Ain't it past your bedtime already?
Old 11-08-2016, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not gonna change the way I hunt because some old guy on a computer told me too.
You're pretty dense aren't you? I'm not telling you to change the way you hunt. This has nothing to do with hunting methods or tactics. What I'm saying is you're picking the wrong aim point and eventually a deer is going to pay the price for it. I could care less how you hunt, it is your choice of target that shows a lack of experience or a willingness to change. Like I said, eventually you will blow the shot and watch one run off wounded while you're trying to reload that smokepole and when you do remember this conversation.

As noted not only by myself but also many other members, a headshot isn't a good option especially when their are bigger targets available. No experienced hunter takes a headshot every time and brags about it and everybody misses at some point. It is what it is.

No be a good boy and go out and play.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:14 AM
Banned

You're pretty dense aren't you? I'm not telling you to change the way you hunt. This has nothing to do with hunting methods or tactics. What I'm saying is you're picking the wrong aim point and eventually a deer is going to pay the price for it. I could care less how you hunt, it is your choice of target that shows a lack of experience or a willingness to change. Like I said, eventually you will blow the shot and watch one run off wounded while you're trying to reload that smokepole and when you do remember this conversation.

As noted not only by myself but also many other members, a headshot isn't a good option especially when their are bigger targets available. No experienced hunter takes a headshot every time and brags about it and everybody misses at some point. It is what it is.

No be a good boy and go out and play.
I'm only gonna aim for headshots if it's close enough and the deer is relaxed. Every headshot I've taken the deer had it's head stteady. I don't care how many deer you've shot or how many yards away you shot your deer. We do things the way we want. If you don't like it tough. I have a 100% success rate. Not gonna stop now and not ever. Go take your medicine old man and wake up and complain about something else why don't ya
Old 11-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Give it up Dude. We are never gonna agree. I've shot a lot more game than you have and I've seen the results of poorly placed shots. You admit you never have. Well when you do see it perhaps you'll catch a clue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.