Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2013 Rut Conditions?

Old 11-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Spike

I am in northeast pa bucks are scraping and chasing like crazy in the last 4-5 days. Some are still in bachelor groups but sparing just getting dumb enough to get the smart ones .
Old 11-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

Things are really slow here in Southern Frederick and Northern Montgomery counties in Maryland. Last year I arrowed an 11 point on 11/5 and things were hot and I mean hot for several days before and several days after that. This year I was off from 11/2 to 11/13 and never seen but one shooter and that was on the walk out. My son was hunting with me on the same property and had same results. Not sure whats going on as the temps were normal to below normal most of my time off. Still have seen very few rubs or scrapes and this is an area littered with bigger than avg deer for my neck of the woods. I tell you one thing I have not been a big believer in the moon and Charles Alsheimers predictions but I have done some comparisons to his predictions for this being the third season and if the rut kicks off this week which will be late for my area he will have been spot on for each year. May be coincedence and like I said Im not totally buying into it but if it happens for a 3rd yr in a row according to his dates thats something to at least pay attention to for me.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just started to see bigger bucks chasing does, I feel that it is just starting to heat up where we are at. This weekend should be real good IMO...
Old 11-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

Just back from Kentucky and the rut seemed to be heating up really good there. We seen several bucks and we seen 4 or 5 different bucks chasing and grunting. Here in Mississippi where I live the rut usually starts right around Christmas so we still have a little while to go yet.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Spike

Here in Wisconsin I've heard reports that they're rutting pretty hood, but I personally haven't seen any chasing since the 26th. Had new scrapes how up on various land though, just haven't seen the deer moving much.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Chasing like crazy here in southwest va now.. Shot an 8 today and seen a lot of other bucks running around
Old 11-14-2013, 05:18 AM
Spike

Here in western Minnesota, they are chasing. Just saw a buck chase a doe across the highway close to noon.