HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Rut Conditions?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Thunderchicken217
Fork Horn

Things are really slow here in Southern Frederick and Northern Montgomery counties in Maryland. Last year I arrowed an 11 point on 11/5 and things were hot and I mean hot for several days before and several days after that. This year I was off from 11/2 to 11/13 and never seen but one shooter and that was on the walk out. My son was hunting with me on the same property and had same results. Not sure whats going on as the temps were normal to below normal most of my time off. Still have seen very few rubs or scrapes and this is an area littered with bigger than avg deer for my neck of the woods. I tell you one thing I have not been a big believer in the moon and Charles Alsheimers predictions but I have done some comparisons to his predictions for this being the third season and if the rut kicks off this week which will be late for my area he will have been spot on for each year. May be coincedence and like I said Im not totally buying into it but if it happens for a 3rd yr in a row according to his dates thats something to at least pay attention to for me.