HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   2013 Rut Conditions? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/386877-2013-rut-conditions.html)

BOWHUNTERCOP 11-10-2013 01:50 PM

2013 Rut Conditions?

Like to know in your location how is the rut going ?

Here in NorthWestern New Jersey we are seeing no sign of rutting, no chasing, no tending, on my cams I'm still getting family of does with no bucks. The last two days I sat I didn't see a deer, Monday I sat all-day and saw three deer, two of them bucks, both spikes. Other reports from around the state is hit and miss.

FungusFinder 11-10-2013 02:02 PM

Rut is in full swing here in SE MN. Arrowed my deer last week so decided to do some duck hunting today. 2 hour drive to the shooting spot, can't tell you how many bucks and does were dead on the road side this trip compared to the same drive a month ago, but there were plenty. Gun opener was yesterday so they are getting pretty stirred up.

Night Crawler 11-10-2013 02:35 PM

Spent all last week in a deer stand. 7 days straight here in Mid NC. All bucks are locked down with does, does are few and far between fawns are on there own. We are in peak breeding. The worst time to hunt the rut. I kinda thought I was a week late as my last trip to the farm I saw the doe groups were broke up.

GTOHunter 11-10-2013 02:46 PM

It's calmed down here a little,last week the Bucks were chasing the Doe's getting hit by Vehicles and running around day & night now it has warmed up and seems to be the Lull?We have much colder weather comIng in and Rifle/Gun Season will start Saturday (Nov-16)!

Southeast Missouri about 100 miles south of St. Louis and 15-25 miles west along the Mississippi River!

Bullcamp82834 11-10-2013 03:21 PM

Off to a slow start along the front range here. ( Bighorn Mtns. ) Weather has been a bit unusual , if there is a "usual" around here.
Whitetails getting started. Muleys not much.

MUZZY 100 11-11-2013 12:57 PM

In full swing here in Illinois. i hunt counties in the north and central part of Il and they are chasing all over..

cal516 11-11-2013 02:25 PM

Full swing in Tennessee

croc2116 11-11-2013 02:36 PM

I just saw a buck chasing a doe this past weekend up here in Maine.

Mojotex 11-11-2013 03:20 PM

SE Alabama ... nada yet.

Some areas like where I hunt near Eufaula typically see a strong estrus cycle starting approximately late November. This maybe due to stocking done in the 1930's using deer captured in the mid-west. Something is at work that has lead to this timing. I am not sure what, but cannot think of anything else that it might be other than this.

Weirdly enough to some of you I am sure .... I hunt a 640 acre area not more than 30 air miles NW and another 880 acre place about 60 miles nearly due north of my main place in Russell Co. Since 1974, estrus on these two properties never ... and I mean never .... gets rolling until Jan. 10 or later. Some times not until after the season ends ... Jan. 31.

I find that strange.

kenified06 11-11-2013 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Southwest Virginia.... Things have been pretty slow over the last week here with buck sightings few and far between and only at night. This evening as I was sitting in the corner of the field 8 does walked out in a group (usually come out in separate small groups) about 4 30... at 5pm two 8 pointers entered the field together. When they spotted the group of does they worked there way right into the middle of them.. One of the 8's would take steps toward a doe in heat call and also a buck grunt but never fully committed. Looks like things are taking off and this should be "THE WEEK" I'll be sitting all day every day from now until rifle season (Saturday) hopefully getting a lot of chasing action.