Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How many deer does the average hunter kill... >

How many deer does the average hunter kill...

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many deer does the average hunter kill...

Old 09-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on what state you live in (# of deer you can legally take)...how much you actually hunt, when you started how long you live etc... I think for each state its different. In MD I killed 8 deer...in 3 season of hunting...due to work I didn't get to hunt much but if I was to get 8 deer here in Idaho it would take me 8 years to do the same...as they only allow 1 resident deer tag per total season.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm looking at all of this success and its awesome.

We should all be thankful to have these harvest numbers, meat in our freezer for family, and most importantly, the memories of our passion for hunting!

My biggest regret is not having a picture with ever deer and a journal of each hunt. I need to work on that.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by FlDeerman
Some years none,most at least one,
Old 09-07-2013, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't really get into deer hunting until after college so its been about 10 years now. I say I kill 1 to 2 a year so I'm probably at about 20. Hopefully I don't leave this world for a while so I hope to make it up to 150!

I think there are too many factors to determine how many an average hunter shoots. I think what the bag limits are in your state really determine that.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

way to many variables. here in florida you can kill 2 bucks a day with the longest season in the country. last weekend in july till the first weekend in march. i know i've killed about 135 in the last 15 years and hunt with guys that kill way more than i do. i started in 1977. i killed one each of my first 3 years then havent killed under 3 since..............tony
Old 09-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

3 last year 2 the year before and 3 year before that, skunked the year before that, 2 the year before that, one the year before that...
Old 09-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot 25 over 6 years a so 4.1 a year. I was very lucky the first 4 years we had a farm my dad and brother hunted on for 20+ years so they had some really nice spots were just about every night you saw a deer. We lost tht farm it was owned by a church 300+ acres mostly wooded but they let somone else hunt there now. Now we hunt on a very small farm Owen by my cousin only about 5 or 6 acres wooded but still there are a lot of deer there we have been very blessed each year by filling our freezer each year enough to last us till next season

Last edited by toejoe625; 09-07-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by toejoe625
I have shot 25 over 6 years
contributor to the PA herd reduction
Old 09-08-2013, 05:27 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bghunter777
If we look at most states game killed vs hunter hours and success % most of us are way above the curve I have several friends who hunt every year are in their late 20s and have killed between 1-5 deer
This is what I'm talking about. There are about 10-12 guys who hunt the property I'm on every year. Three of them are pretty hardcore hunters and shoot multiple deer every year. I average probably a deer and a half. The other guys shoot deer very occasionally, most years not at all. I used to have a barber that hunted every year and didn't get a deer for what seemed like decades. Is that how it is for most guys?
Old 09-08-2013, 06:06 AM
Typical Buck

If you are talkin truly pulling the trigger or releasing the string I bet you would be shocked at how low the number would be. I have been part of hunts where lots of deer are taken but not cause of me. So I would say in 25 years maybe 20 just a guess on my part. Remember your talkin world wide so not everyone hunts in the midwest of America and can take multiple deer a year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.