Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How many deer does the average hunter kill... >

How many deer does the average hunter kill...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many deer does the average hunter kill...

Old 09-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

There are casual hunters, dedicated hunters, & hard-core hunters. I guess if I had to estimate, the average of all above who hunts is 10 in a lifetime. An estimate.

Last edited by Uncle Nicky; 09-11-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

What counts as a hunter? I know quite a few people that hunted a little as kids and, for whatever reason, don't hunt any more (I also know a few that hunt maybe a day or two, three tops, per year). Maybe a better question would be: How may deer per year hunted does the average hunter kill. I'm right around 1/2 a deer per year, which I think is pretty typcial for a guy hunting pressured public land (maybe a little high even).
Old 09-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
The Pa. law used to be 1 deer, buck or doe.
Very true! You can't be a youngster and know that.
I remember killing my first deer (yearling doe) with a bow back in the mid 70's, and thinking how I couldn't hunt buck season!
Old 09-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

not to derail this tread but how do you get fired up just to kill one deer? even if all you want is a monster and he shows up opening morning. then your done. i would hate to live there....................Tony
Old 09-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hycohounds
not to derail this tread but how do you get fired up just to kill one deer? even if all you want is a monster and he shows up opening morning. then your done. i would hate to live there....................Tony
Yeah... you're done deer hunting. You've got meat in the freezer and a lifetime memory.

Time to go after different type of game (of which there are many).