Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

145 rack worth?

Old 08-07-2016, 02:00 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a friend who got stiffed on a business deal for 75K from an outfit in Canada. Unless the person comes back to the USA he won't have any luck getting his money back
Old 08-07-2016, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I have a friend who got stiffed on a business deal for 75K from an outfit in Canada. Unless the person comes back to the USA he won't have any luck getting his money back
I'd say that on Oldtimr's scale of 1 to 10 that is probably a 10, and even then there isn't much of anything you can do but cry some and go on with life. A deer rack is certainly a waste of time to even still be thinking about IMHO!
Old 08-07-2016, 02:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Yup it was an established export business. My friend bought a local product here in the states and brokered to Canada at a profit. The business had been in operation for years. One fine day the USA product went out as usual and the check was never received. The Canada company resold the product in Canada as normal but never paid for it to my friend. He spent a fair amount on lawyers but it would have cost more than he got stiffed to go further.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Sorry about your friend, however they usually come back.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:36 AM
Spike

Default he lives in Longlac Ontario now

Originally Posted by gjersy
Thats what I'm worried about, not worth much! I shot this beautiful big 10pt buck on county land, my last hunt ever with my deceased bud Bob, so I'd like this buck mounted in his honor and memory. Joe Nieman from Feathers plus Taxidermy, formerly Unity WI, the taxidermist, stole it. It's gone! He claims it got stolen from him. However, I talked to the local game warden and he said Joe Nieman sold everything he had, burned the rest, and skipped to Ontario. This happened over 2 years ago. I kept this known info from the perp while keeping in contact with him on Facebook, pretending to be his bud (I considered him a bud before this happened). Anyway, he keeps promising me everything and delivers nothing! So I'm thinking of suing; for the 1st time in my life! I'm a logger and even paid him for the mount in advance, with a partial truck load of firewood (because he complained he was out). On top of that he had my 11year old boys 5.5 pound Bass that he was going to mount. It's gone also! Anyway I gave him $300 in firewood, and got nothing but Anger! I'd pay 5 grand to get the mounts back! What to do?
Joe Nieman live Longlac Ontario now and he’s doing pretty much the same thing ripping people off. Thankfully I’m not one of them.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:51 AM
Spike

Default He lives in Longlac Ontario

Joe Neiman lives in Longlac Ontario and he’s pretty much been doing the same thing here. Thankfully I’m not one of them but I know people who has been.