Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

145 rack worth?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 145 rack worth?

Any rough ideas what a 145 gross 10 point symmetrical rack is worth? I found prices for sheds but not an intact rack with skull.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Look on ebay and you should get an idea what people wil pay. I would say $50-100 depending ?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

1.45 penny per point
Old 02-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats what I'm worried about, not worth much! I shot this beautiful big 10pt buck on county land, my last hunt ever with my deceased bud Bob, so I'd like this buck mounted in his honor and memory. Joe Nieman from Feathers plus Taxidermy, formerly Unity WI, the taxidermist, stole it. It's gone! He claims it got stolen from him. However, I talked to the local game warden and he said Joe Nieman sold everything he had, burned the rest, and skipped to Ontario. This happened over 2 years ago. I kept this known info from the perp while keeping in contact with him on Facebook, pretending to be his bud (I considered him a bud before this happened). Anyway, he keeps promising me everything and delivers nothing! So I'm thinking of suing; for the 1st time in my life! I'm a logger and even paid him for the mount in advance, with a partial truck load of firewood (because he complained he was out). On top of that he had my 11year old boys 5.5 pound Bass that he was going to mount. It's gone also! Anyway I gave him $300 in firewood, and got nothing but Anger! I'd pay 5 grand to get the mounts back! What to do?
Old 02-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Spike

I'd go kick the crap outta him.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

My brother in-law had the same thing happen to him. Sucks but not sure there is much he can do about it. I don't believe he was out of any money but he lost a nice rack. Hope you can get your situation resolved. Just don't understand how a supposed friend could do that.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was wondering how much money i should ask for? $500? $1000? I have no idea? If he's still in Canada i don't know if i can sue him, he told me he's back, but a young fellow's living and fixing up his old house, a neighbor said Joe lost it to the bank. I use the term "bud" loosely he mounted another deer earlier for me, and if i was in his neck of the woods i'd swing in and bs with him, never thought he'd do this.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Forget it as hard as that will be, especially if he is still in Canada. Anyway, you lost me with your opening question and then followup comments on what is going on. It's not worth your health worrying about it any longer, unless the guy happens to show up in your area again. If he happens to do that, he's pretty damn stupid!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about that. If you were close by, I could give you some racks that would blow the doors off that one. I don't keep em anymore. If someone sees them and wants them, I let them have them. That dude that took them needs a good kick in the sack.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:08 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

If you have something in writing from him on Facebook acknowledging this loss, then whether or not he was robbed is not the issue - he owes you. And if there was a fire, he was probably compensated for your loss. Trouble is he is in Canada. Normally, you would collect in smalls claim court - the written acknowledgement would be proof enough. Check with your local courthouse on what you can do. Perhaps there is not much.

Appears that you would only be able to collect $200 at most - just saw a comparable listing on ebay for about $165.

Last edited by MZS; 02-03-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.