Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dear Dog Hunters

Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually it wasn't an insinuation. It's what you said you would do.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
Actually it wasn't an insinuation. It's what you said you would do.
Thats exactly what I would do if someone shot one of my dogs just because it interfered in his hunt, just maybe you are interfering with my hunt. Me and my dogs have just as much of a right to hunt on public land as anyone else. I have sat on a stand many a times and had people drive through it on 4 wheelers, but you dont see me on here whining about it. Actually if you are sitting a stand hounds may drive a deer straight to you. I dont hunt deer with my hounds, they are broke from running trash, but I was a member of the Miami Tract Hunt Club, in Osteen Fl, (where it is leagle to run deer with dogs) I was sitting on my stand with my bow when I heard hounds off in the distance, next thing I knew a 8 point buck popped out under my tree stand, I put a arrow in the deer. Just cause there are dogs in the area you are hunting doesnt mean they ruined your chance to get a deer.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Jim Burns
Thats exactly what I would do if someone shot one of my dogs just because it interfered in his hunt, just maybe you are interfering with my hunt. Me and my dogs have just as much of a right to hunt on public land as anyone else. I have sat on a stand many a times and had people drive through it on 4 wheelers, but you dont see me on here whining about it. Actually if you are sitting a stand hounds may drive a deer straight to you. I dont hunt deer with my hounds, they are broke from running trash, but I was a member of the Miami Tract Hunt Club, in Osteen Fl, (where it is leagle to run deer with dogs) I was sitting on my stand with my bow when I heard hounds off in the distance, next thing I knew a 8 point buck popped out under my tree stand, I put a arrow in the deer. Just cause there are dogs in the area you are hunting doesnt mean they ruined your chance to get a deer.
Dude if you are serious about shooting another human over a dog then you are one sick puppy ( no pun intended) I love my dogs just as much as the next guy but killing someone over a pet is just down right disgusting and you may need a mental evaluation!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by browtine7
Dude if you are serious about shooting another human over a dog then you are one sick puppy ( no pun intended) I love my dogs just as much as the next guy but killing someone over a pet is just down right disgusting and you may need a mental evaluation!!!!!!!!!!!
killing someones pet for no reason is down right disgusting. I like my dogs better than most people I know let alone people I dont know.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
I catch them and take the tracking collars off and destroy. I do not like shooting dogs it makes me feel bad.
Tampering with an electronic tracking device in NC is a felony.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by thatredneckrockerdude1
Tampering with an electronic tracking device in NC is a felony.
As it should be!!! My hounds EACH have $500 of electronics on them when they get turned out, I have 12 dogs. That is alot of money to have someone destroying. That is $6000 worth of GPS, Telemetry and Tri-Tronics collars, not to mention the cost of three Garmins, a F&L Blue Box, and 2 Tri-Tronics Trash Breaker transmiters. And dogs that are $2500 and up a piece. So yeah I am pretty protective of my investment! I would say it is safe to say that a hound hunter has more money invested in there hunting equipment than the average redneck that is going to shoot his dogs or destroy his equipment. Hey thats the kind of stuff tree huggers do, not fellow hunters.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Jim Burns
killing someones pet for no reason is down right disgusting. I like my dogs better than most people I know let alone people I dont know.
I agree that killing someones pet is disgusting and I have that very thing done to me many years ago when I did deer hunt with dogs and the thought of killing the person never crossed my mine. Whopping his butt however is another story. With your attitude I see why you dont like most as I imagine most not like you
Old 12-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555
If you want to run your dogs during hunting season.....put a leash on them and go jogging.....
Great reply!

The only way I'd shoot someone's dog would be if it were attacking me, my family, or another innocent citizen. I can't believe someone would kill another human over a dog....an a$$ whooping I can see but nothing more regardless of the money involved.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Great reply!

The only way I'd shoot someone's dog would be if it were attacking me, my family, or another innocent citizen. I can't believe someone would kill another human over a dog....an a$$ whooping I can see but nothing more regardless of the money involved.
x2 on that for sure
Old 12-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

why can't you hunt on sunday in VA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.