Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Guilty Feelings

Old 09-13-2010, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the deal. If a mammal has eyes on the front of it's head, it's a predator. If a mammal has eyes on the sides of it's head, it's prey. As a human you are a predator. Any guilt you coud feel is man made peer pressure from urbania, which doesn't exist to me. I kill what I eat to survive and be independant from today's weak overbloated society.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
Here's the deal. If a mammal has eyes on the front of it's head, it's a predator. If a mammal has eyes on the sides of it's head, it's prey. As a human you are a predator. Any guilt you coud feel is man made peer pressure from urbania, which doesn't exist to me. I kill what I eat to survive and be independant from today's weak overbloated society.
Could not have said it better. Thanks! Have a great season!
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

I understand where your coming from on the bad shot thing but thats what teaches us to not make shots we are not sure of. Although even the best of us make bad shots. In no way am I trying to come off as rude im just daying cheer up and kill some ****. Its the most wonderful time of the year
Old 09-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

Well said up. That was what I was looking for. After rereading his AND my posts I think I was also a little abrasive too and for those remarks I apologize. It's also great to see people as passionate about there values as I am. Good luck men.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sprintflyer
Well said up. That was what I was looking for. After rereading his AND my posts I think I was also a little abrasive too and for those remarks I apologize. It's also great to see people as passionate about there values as I am. Good luck men.
Glad to contribute to the conversation. Some guys might think it a little odd, but before I get into the celebration and followup work (gutting, skinning, etc) I always take a quick, quiet moment to look at the animal after I've killed it. Just to take it in and appreciate the animal for what it is.

Good luck hunting this season!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kswild
Speaking of analogy.... What does the last sentence in your signature mean????
Live it up! Doug
Yeah, I can see how that last part on my signature can be confusing. I'm asking "How's everything blamed on the deer population?" I might need to change it....

What led to it was an article a I read about a month ago & how our regulations may be changing for 2011. It spoke of higher numbers of deer being killed during the season, and how they are causing more damage every year. Personal property damage from deer is "on the rise" as they say. I think it just appears that way...

We're constantly developing rural ground, & invading their space. We're reducing their resources (i.e. cover, food, travel routes,etc.). I just think these reports are driven by Insurance companies & our government keeping their head in the sand. And areas to hunt are hard and hard to find, some disappearing because of some kind of development.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by StealthHtr22
Yeah, I can see how that last part on my signature can be confusing. I'm asking "How's everything blamed on the deer population?" I might need to change it....

What led to it was an article a I read about a month ago & how our regulations may be changing for 2011. It spoke of higher numbers of deer being killed during the season, and how they are causing more damage every year. Personal property damage from deer is "on the rise" as they say. I think it just appears that way...

We're constantly developing rural ground, & invading their space. We're reducing their resources (i.e. cover, food, travel routes,etc.). I just think these reports are driven by Insurance companies & our government keeping their head in the sand. And areas to hunt are hard and hard to find, some disappearing because of some kind of development.
Thank you for explaining that. I think I understand what you are saying. Do you have a solution to the ever growing population of humans? Do you think there will ever come a time when the earth can no longer sustain the population of man? Or do you believe that things will just naturally work themselves out? I have often wondered if there is a solution to the ever increasing population of people and the infringement of us on wildlife habitat. Maybe we will start populating the moon and other planets.
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

I am sure there are some hunters out there that must kill in order to provide for their family. Putting venison on the table for me is a bonus (thankfully), as I am sure it is for others as well. Even though it is a bonus, I do not take it for granted. UPHunter08 sums it up best.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kswild
Thank you for explaining that. I think I understand what you are saying. Do you have a solution to the ever growing population of humans? Do you think there will ever come a time when the earth can no longer sustain the population of man? Or do you believe that things will just naturally work themselves out? I have often wondered if there is a solution to the ever increasing population of people and the infringement of us on wildlife habitat. Maybe we will start populating the moon and other planets.
Live it up! Doug
Well here we could start by tearing down all the "sh*tholes" in town & abandoned businesses instead of building new, and expanding out. Not sure about the sustainability of the human population. But if that's possible, by that time I hope I've earned a spot in the Lord's Kingdom.

You know this could be a discussion for a whole new thread...
Old 09-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by StealthHtr22
Well here we could start by tearing down all the "sh*tholes" in town & abandoned businesses instead of building new, and expanding out. Not sure about the sustainability of the human population. But if that's possible, by that time I hope I've earned a spot in the Lord's Kingdom.

You know this could be a discussion for a whole new thread...
Both are good suggestions, tearing down the abandoned buildings and starting a new thread discussing this topic! Thanks!
Live it up! Doug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.