Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who's deer should this be?

Old 01-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Dominant Buck

a's deer all the way.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

I thought I knew the answer, but you all have some very good points. Really though, if A did not get a shot good enough to claim the deer without a second shot then B would have rights to it, and if it was me in that situation I would rely on B's decision as to whom the deer belonged to.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jimmy S
Without a doubt, it's A's deer.

A few times over the years we have had to follow a blood trail after one of 'us' fired the shot. It never occured to any of us that the killing shot gets the deer. We are always there to help our buddies. That could mean help dressing a deer, help dragging a deer or help finding a wounded deer. We help each other, never getting into a pissing contest of who's deer it is.

That's what friends do!

In all my days, I'd never thought of it any other way.

iSnipe
Old 01-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by eatsleephunt
I thought I knew the answer, but you all have some very good points. Really though, if A did not get a shot good enough to claim the deer without a second shot then B would have rights to it, and if it was me in that situation I would rely on B's decision as to whom the deer belonged to.
His FRIEND was helping. That says it all.

If you have to rely on 'B's decision to make that decision, well all I can say is you have a much different definition of what a friend is.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:15 AM
Dominant Buck

If B is truly a bud he'll relinquish the deer to A, but in reality that doesn't happen often. The kill shot/possession gets it, which is how most game wardens will rule it.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I was 17 I shot a pretty nice buck at 20 steps and it ran 150 yards to the guy next to me. He was an older guy and said the deer was running fine across the field so he shot it. 10 years later when that guy dies the son gave me the horns and said that the deer was falling down and could barely move so he wanted me to have it. I thought I made a good shot but sometimes the deer just find a way to keep on going!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kevin1
If B is truly a bud he'll relinquish the deer to A, but in reality that doesn't happen often. The kill shot/possession gets it, which is how most game wardens will rule it.
Isn't that all that should matter in the eyes of a hunter that says anyone that breaks any hunting law no matter how trivial it is a no good wortless poacher (there are lots of members on this board that feel that way, yet not very many see that B has a legal obligation to tag the deer).
Old 01-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Banned

So petty.....try it in a duck blind.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

A's deer and if B has a problem with that, then shoot B and problem solved.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by JagMagMan
Being as he was there to "help" Hunter A, why would he then want to claim it as his own?
+1. It woulndt be helping hunter A retieve 'his' deer if B took it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.