Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who's deer should this be?

Old 01-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iSnipe
Hunter A could have told hunter B the buck was his, but if hunter B actually took the buck, then he's(B) not having any "cold ones" with me... as I would have DECLINED. To even accept the buck under those conditions is blasphemy.

I suppose since everyone still got along, that's better than what the outcome could have been. Regardless, if I would have taken the buck, I'd feel like ***T!

iSnipe
Agreed, I would have in no way excepted that deer if I was hunter B. Hunter B should have refused that deer. I don't know of anyone in any of my hunting parties that would have excepted that deer, cold ones or not. Even if it was a great big buck that was mountable I could never look at that deer and be proud of it. Thats just me I guess.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

It was A's deer, he could give it to anybody he wants to, IMHO.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
The hunter who places a vital kill shot keeps the deer.

This happened to me this year during the muzzleloader season with a good friend. My friend took a head on shot at 80 yards, hitting the deer in the bridge of the nose, about 10 mins later the deer slowly walks towards me, I didn't know the deer was hit until he got within 20 yards of me, he showed no sign of being hit, and at 20 yards I didn't have a good shot angle, he got within 10 yards and I had the perfect shot and took it, I dropped the deer in his tracks, and I clamied the deer
Yet another reason not to take head shots. Hope your buddy learns how to shoot.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Banned

Holy Crap, you guy still wankin on this?
Old 01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I was younger - a verteran at our hunting camp had wounded a buck. And after following and jumping it a couple times - it went into a thick swamp. He came back to camp at lunch and several of us decided to set up on the swamp and try to drive this wounded deer in front of a stander. Well as it worked out - I was about as far from the action as could be - and the buck slipped through the setup, until he came by me at the end of the swamp. I made good on the deer, a running shot - and he was a nice older deer - 176 lbs dressed 6 point. I was thrilled to get the shot - but had never considered it was "my deer". (we always split all the meat in our camp evenly back then). Well the Veteran hunter was happy too - and he insisted that I kept the rack, I was surprised and happy - I tagged the deer, and still have the antlers. I keep a picture of both of us with that deer in my hunting room.

I don't think there is a cut and dry "A" or "B' answer on a post like this - too many variables.

FH
Old 01-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would hope A gets it.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

we always hunted in a gang that said "kill shot gets the deer, not the first shot"
Old 01-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

A and some meat(if he wants it)for B.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

hunter A for sure
Old 01-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

share the meat 50/50 and lets move on ...can't eat antlers...if A wants the antlers and B also toss a coin ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.