Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Rifle

Old 01-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't even believe that after holding the Browning you are going to go with the Remington. There is no comparison between them Browning is a top quality made firearm where the Remington is a mass produced good but not top quality firearm. If you have a choice I believe I would look at the two again. The reason you are getting so many reports is that most folks won't, can't spend the money so they settle for second best. again if you can compare the two guns again. The Browning you will pass down to your children and their children. I have 2 that were my grand dads. And 4 I bought myself. The Cal. is a personal choice.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

I would get the stainless for sure...good luck with your new rifle, they are very nice and will serve you well.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

There are variations in Remington 700's...some are cheaply priced, others are expensive. I have heard good and bad reports on Brownings and on Remingtons...both are good, get what feels right and fits your budget right and don't worry about it or what anyone else says.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ruger M77, and caliber will do. Great model right there.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mike Hill
I can't even believe that after holding the Browning you are going to go with the Remington. There is no comparison between them Browning is a top quality made firearm where the Remington is a mass produced good but not top quality firearm. If you have a choice I believe I would look at the two again. The reason you are getting so many reports is that most folks won't, can't spend the money so they settle for second best. again if you can compare the two guns again. The Browning you will pass down to your children and their children. I have 2 that were my grand dads. And 4 I bought myself. The Cal. is a personal choice.
Not a top quality firearm, lol. You really know what your talking about huh.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mike Hill

This is one of the more comical posts I have read in quite some time. The "feel" of a firearm is subjective. Obviously you have not priced very many Remingtons. If you had, you'd know they are very proud of the BDL's, CDL's, Sendero's, and Mountain Rifles just to name a few.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned over a couple dozen hunting rifles in the past 10 years, and my newer production 700 mt rifle, in 7-08, is by far my favorite yet. I will never get rid of it. It shoots, carrys and looks great. I bought a stainless SPS, in 7mag too, last year. Decided i didnt need it, but for the money, it was a great rifle. Better fit and finish than savage, and on par w/ browning IMHO.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for all the comments yall.

Sheridan- Is the stainless matte? because I dont want somethin thats gonna be reflecting sunlight in the woods.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Rem. 700 bdl .270, a Ruger M77 .270, a Win. model 100 .308, and a Browning A-Bolt .270 WSM. My favorite is the Browning. If you are sooting longer distances, I would say try a WSM. If most of your shots will be 200 yards or less,then I would probably stay away from one. They are a little more expensive and the ammo is more expensive. They shoot extremely flat. I killed a buck this season at 426 yards. The bullet drop was only about 6 or 7 inches. I'm not going to try and talk you out of the Remington. I like Remington and have killed many deer with my 700.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

The stainless is "matte"..................most are nowadays.

Last edited by Sheridan; 01-10-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.