Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

THE FEVER SETS IN!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2003, 10:47 PM

Default THE FEVER SETS IN!!!!!!

I don' t know about you guys, but about this time every year the urge to sink my 125gr rocket broadhead into a bute whitetail buck. becomes absolutely unbearable. I come home from work and pop in one of my MANY hunting videos, my desk at work has a draw designated just for hunting mags. And the worst thing is, the more I think about it the more I just want to go crazy[&o]!! I spent my first season in quite a while without a nice buck last year, do to an unbelievably unactive rut. Which makes it even worse. But then I look at the bright side, every mag. that I' ve read thus far is predicting a dandy rut, the most active day being around nov. 11, granted the temps are good. And I just happen to have a week and a half worth of vac., with the 11th falling smack dab in the middle [8D]!!! Sorry got alittle of track, my mind turns to butter when I talk about these amazing creatures. Anyway, my point is that this feeling is 100% genuine and absolutely 100% unexplainable. This is one of the top things worth living for. I just hope I can manage to pass it on to my children, and future grand children. Ahh, it is definately going to be a long summer[:' (]. Only 4 1/2 months to the west virginia bow opener!!
Old 06-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: THE FEVER SETS IN!!!!!!

man im getting it to.....i will be hunting deer alone for the first time......my way...when i want....how i want....unfortunently i gota wait untl the end of nov or beg of december!!!!!!!!!!!! i got alot ot do before then i will make it..fishing and boating all summer...buying my first truck and getting my drivers liscense...small game hunting....fall turkey hunting(all mainly deer scouting)...real deer scouting..work...school...ill be busy....but always dreaming of hunting them big bucks at night.....man its going to be a long 5months and some weeks......
Old 06-09-2003, 10:05 AM

I' ve had the fever since , the day that gun season in Ontario ended. Day and night, I think about my great success last year (first 2 deer, both bucks in two years of hunting). I have repictured the events in my head over and over just aching to get back in the woods. My trip this year is 151 days away [:@].

I will be up in that area this summer and will be going for a walk just to see how it looks in full bloom. Maybe, if I' m lucky, I' ll be able to see something .

Until, then, I must focus on enjoying the summer and stuff!
Old 06-09-2003, 10:40 AM

I know were you all are coming from I cant get away from these hunting sites, I cant stop looking at my maps, I just cant stop thinking about hunting season. It must of took me two hours to get to sleep last night after reading all the topics on this and other web sites. It' s never been this bad for me, It seems like it gets worse every year. I wish I could block it out so I can consentrate at work. IM GOING NUTS!!!!
Old 06-09-2003, 11:11 AM

This past year I got the best buck of my life on my family' s trip to White Oak Plantation in Alabama... now this year my dad got me into a new club in SE Georgia that we' re just starting to scout - big deer, new land... I' m going crazy over here.

So far, I' ve looked up topo maps and aerial photos of the area, planned out places for our next set of stands... God, I can' t wait to get up there again!
Old 06-09-2003, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

I always have the " fever" . Best thing to do is go fishing and try to get your mind off of it. Good luck. Keep shooting those 3-d as well.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

dude i know how you feel. deer hunting seems to be the only thing that keeps me motived to do any. those few monthes of deer season are glory months. getting away from parents, work, and school is a must.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:43 PM

Amen brother, Ive had the fever every since turkey season ended in May.