Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What happened to "hunting is murder" post? >

What happened to "hunting is murder" post?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What happened to "hunting is murder" post?

Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Spike

Default What happened to "hunting is murder" post?

I had a good retort to that post. We should be slapping that dude around right now, instead of going at each other.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also suggested to post to that idiot was a waste of time. Although I spent a few seconds suggesting to others not to. ;-)

It was a SPAMMER talkin' chit about hunting. Why in the world would anyone worth their salt, waste their time in trying to change that person's mind is beyond me. While we all have a little time to be in the forums here, there are many better posts deserving of our attention than some anti-hunter making some wacko post.

It was axed for being a dumb post I guess.

iSnipe
Old 12-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah I really did not want to waste my time with it. Who takes time out of their day just to come ridicule some people who are passionate about hunting? Do they really think we are going to go "Well, he is right. We are murderers" Stupid people. Should just stick to their own damn business.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by iSnipe
I also suggested to post to that idiot was a waste of time. Although I spent a few seconds suggesting to others not to. ;-)

It was a SPAMMER talkin' chit about hunting. Why in the world would anyone worth their salt, waste their time in trying to change that person's mind is beyond me. While we all have a little time to be in the forums here, there are many better posts deserving of our attention than some anti-hunter making some wacko post.

It was axed for being a dumb post I guess.

iSnipe

First of all, I don’t try to change anyone’s mind. In his case it would have been easier de-programming a Moonie.
I did want a chance to respond to his post because in the public arena of ideas, we are losing the debate on many fronts to the antis; not because their positions are superior, but because we allow their views to go unchecked on the internet, in academia, pop media culture, politics, with our young people, etc. When that happens, we get what we got; Lies that have become reality in the public mind. I like to read much more than I post here, but I feel strongly about this kind of stuff. You are right in that they are easily refuted, but I don’t feel that doing so is below me or makes me “not worth my salt”. I think that’s all I got to say about that. Good night.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by corn bread
First of all, I don’t try to change anyone’s mind. In his case it would have been easier de-programming a Moonie.
I did want a chance to respond to his post because in the public arena of ideas, we are losing the debate on many fronts to the antis; not because their positions are superior, but because we allow their views to go unchecked on the internet, in academia, pop media culture, politics, with our young people, etc. When that happens, we get what we got; Lies that have become reality in the public mind. I like to read much more than I post here, but I feel strongly about this kind of stuff. You are right in that they are easily refuted, but I don’t feel that doing so is below me or makes me “not worth my salt”. I think that’s all I got to say about that. Good night.

+1 Good post!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

The mods probably zapped the whole thread because any anti-hunting posts are explicitly prohibited by the forum rules. I understand your desire to retort (I mean, who doesn't like to intellectually slap a tree-hugging enviro-Commie hippy around once in awhile ), but it's probably best that the site doesn't even humor these idiots at all. These types of posts are given a little more slack in the "Politics" forum (enter at your own risk), but not in rest of the site for good reason.

Mike
Old 12-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Corn bread,

I have far more experience with forums than you'll ever know.

I KNEW the thread was going to be axed anyway. I saw the post when it went up. Posts like that NEVER...and I mean NEVER last.

So, you could have typed 'til you couldn't feel your fingers anymore and you would wasted your time. Just like I said people would. The post didn't last long, so no matter what was written... or going to be written wouldn't have mattered since the post was axed right away.

Fact is fact and that's a fact.

iSnipe
Old 12-05-2009, 12:33 AM
Fork Horn

I missed it completely but it's just as well. Whoever he was though I'd like him to know that I'm dedicating my next hundred kills to him. I'll hunt more than usual to make that happen before spring, cause I need to murder some coyotes, and bobcats on my land. If I could, I'd live trap them and ship them to his home so he could look after them and feed them, and keep them from murdering my deer. He'd probably torture them to death by feeding them salad though.
Speaking of which, has he seen I wonder, the studies done since the 50's on how plants respond to sounds and tones in your voice? Most recently tested by the Mythbusters, it seems that plants feel pain and react to it with electrical impulses that might be screams if plants could vocalize. All those poor salads unable to make a sound as they are cut from the field and chopped up for the meal of some savage being unable to feel empathy for them. Eaten alive by uncaring beasts. It's murder I tell ya!
Old 12-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by iSnipe
Corn bread,

I have far more experience with forums than you'll ever know.

I KNEW the thread was going to be axed anyway. I saw the post when it went up. Posts like that NEVER...and I mean NEVER last.

So, you could have typed 'til you couldn't feel your fingers anymore and you would wasted your time. Just like I said people would. The post didn't last long, so no matter what was written... or going to be written wouldn't have mattered since the post was axed right away.

Fact is fact and that's a fact.

iSnipe
I really don't agree with these statements. Saying that what may have been written regarding this subject matter wouldn't have mattered. Are you serious? So I guess it doesn't matter whether we try to fight or debate any of what people like that are saying at all about something we love and care for so much?! I guess there is no reason to bring it up in any legislation or political fronts either since there is a chance that something we state,suggest,debate,or mention may be axed?! Ok, you go right ahead and take that route snipe but, as for me, I'm going to try my best in whatever form it may be to keep something I love doing and that supports my family with food every year. I realize this may "just be a forum" but, when it comes to things like this, I feel like we should all be backing and standing up for each other on the matter. No matter what level it's on, even if it's just some little internet forum where the post is going to be axed anyway! With the way the nation and things are changing now days, I beleive we need to make every effort when the chance presents itself both to represent what all of this means to us and to fight for our rights. I for one would like to keep all of mine! Just my .02 on something that doesn't seem to matter to some since it's just on a forum where it might get axed!