HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What happened to "hunting is murder" post?
Old 12-03-2009, 11:10 PM
corn bread
Spike

Originally Posted by iSnipe
I also suggested to post to that idiot was a waste of time. Although I spent a few seconds suggesting to others not to. ;-)

It was a SPAMMER talkin' chit about hunting. Why in the world would anyone worth their salt, waste their time in trying to change that person's mind is beyond me. While we all have a little time to be in the forums here, there are many better posts deserving of our attention than some anti-hunter making some wacko post.

It was axed for being a dumb post I guess.

iSnipe

First of all, I don’t try to change anyone’s mind. In his case it would have been easier de-programming a Moonie.
I did want a chance to respond to his post because in the public arena of ideas, we are losing the debate on many fronts to the antis; not because their positions are superior, but because we allow their views to go unchecked on the internet, in academia, pop media culture, politics, with our young people, etc. When that happens, we get what we got; Lies that have become reality in the public mind. I like to read much more than I post here, but I feel strongly about this kind of stuff. You are right in that they are easily refuted, but I don’t feel that doing so is below me or makes me “not worth my salt”. I think that’s all I got to say about that. Good night.