Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

head shot/ethics

Old 10-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

With your limited experience, if you believe 3 or 4 times means EVERYTIME, then you need to spend more time in the woods. Keep shooting necks and you'll find out where it gets ya kid.

Got to love how tough people can act sitting behind a computer screen eating a twinky. You're probably late for school junior.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

As my old buddy used to say "theres all kinda wounded but only one kinda dead". Wounding a game animal regardless of where you wound it is still "unethical" by definition. Learn to shoot well enough to kill every time.

I don't take headshots not because I can't hit them, not because I think they are unethical, I don't do it because it makes for a pretty ugly presentation.

Unless you can type faster than you can think I believe that any forum member has the time to think of something more intelligant to post than name calling and personal attacks. Just a thought.

Last edited by skb2706; 10-26-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fingerz42
With your limited experience, if you believe 3 or 4 times means EVERYTIME, then you need to spend more time in the woods. Keep shooting necks and you'll find out where it gets ya kid.

Got to love how tough people can act sitting behind a computer screen eating a twinky. You're probably late for school junior.
school got out 2 and a half hours ago.. just sayin.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe when I get (1394)posts i can graduate. Gee that would be swell. Till then i will not waste my thoughts as it isnt worth it.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=skb2706;3484918]As my old buddy used to say "theres all kinda wounded but only one kinda dead". Wounding a game animal regardless of where you wound it is still "unethical" by definition. Learn to shoot well enough to kill every time.

quote]

Horse Poop!!!
Someone who practices with a gun or bow and misses exactly where they aim when it comes time to shoot at an animal is unethical?
There is a world of difference between making a mistake, (pulling the shot, misjudging distance, misreading the wind, not seeing the twig) and trying to make a headshot at 400 yards when you know you can't hit a pie plate at 100.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exclamation

Originally Posted by skb2706
Wounding a game animal regardless of where you wound it is still "unethical" by definition.
My BS meter just went off.

iSnipe
Old 10-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iSnipe
My BS meter just went off.

iSnipe
Yeah. I don't care how good you are, or how much you practice, anyone can blow a shot. It happens. The trick is to do whatever possible to minimize the chances that a bad shot will happen, but the only way to totally eliminate the possibility of a poor shot is to never shoot.

Mike
Old 10-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

well I cant remember all of them I have killed in the past 25 years but I can remember the last 5.
In the last 5 years I have used a .22 hornet on deer and hogs and have killed 22 to date with it, I shot them all in the neck or head. and yes every single one dropped and never took a step.
25 years I been doing this and I know where it gets me, a trip to the super market for more freezer paper.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

i heard a story the other day on here where a guy drove by a deer that had an arrow sticking outta its face

i have a hog skull that had a broadhead it it and the bone healed back and the hog survived with it in there fer long enough to heal b4 my trap door slammed behind him.

my step dad took a shot at a does head and he came back with the deers lower jaw..

i have shot a deer in the head at 251 yards, dropped like a rock...this will stir sum chit up..with a .223 imagine that

i shot 5 hogs in the head with my glock at point blank range..they all died..and fast too

i shot 2 hogs in the head in june at over 300 yards and 1 was walkin..i had ta use 5 shots but thats ok cause bullets are cheap and i had a good time..meats, whats left, is all in the freezer.

usually im a boiler roomer..but either way is fine
Old 10-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Spike

Put it this way, if you had to put your dog down because of a bad injury, would you shoot him behind the shoulder ?
nuff said ![/quote]

Never thought about it like that, makes it a lot clearer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.