Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunter Harassment

Old 10-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

It does not matter if the sounds eminate from private property. If they are intended to harass a hunter - it is a violation. Call your local CO and inform him or her of what is going on. They may give you a phone number to cantact them if it happens again when you are out and it is happening so that they might get by there.

And yes keep us posted.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have seen coyotes walk right through a field of deer, lol not a field but 3 lol, a field to me hehe, the deer just looked at it and the coyote kept going, neither missed a beat...i see turkeys with deer all the time, like 1-5 deer with 20+ turkeys, and when i scout i take a turkey call and crack it now and then..
there-for i think the deer will be used to the sounds after awhile anyways. they have probably walked up to the tape player or whatever it is, just to check it out.

law works as far as that goes.
and well your buddies rollin in on ya, well what are buddies for lol

and i have seen deer run out right behind 4 wheelers going by. have takin a buck that way.

dont be discouraged, keep on keepin on and gl
Old 10-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by stancel
If he is playing predator calls from his property then he is guilty of being a a-hole

Sounds to me like you just need to record a few noises of your own and go play them from 1am-5am. Maybe cat mating calls or something.

Then maybe they will be glad someones hunting back there!!
Old 10-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Talking

Few years back i was hunting the back edge of my uncles property that bordered a nutjob anti hunters property.... he would watch the hedge rows for me to go in and then charge up the hill in his 4 wheeler and patrole the field edge for hours .Early that morning i hung an old orange vest in a tree about 50 yards in the woods and walked the rest of the way up the hill ....few hundred yards ..to my stand and wated.... as the nut job came rushing up the hill he pushed all the deer off the field past my stand allowing me to tag a doe and a dandy buck with my shotgun.Sent him a thank you note explaining to him how his actions helped me out...
Old 10-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Get a case of shells and go predator hunting.......
Old 10-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

I think I would atleast get the co informed so he knows what is poteniall going on and then maybe he can listen in and catch them pestering you.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
simple solution....win the lotto and buy lots of private land for yourself....haha.

oh and then invite me to help hunt it with ya....
I didn't find this funny.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Spike

To me your problem is proving harasment. Perhaps they are simply playing the recording to keep the deer out of their garden. I'm sure they're just being @$$holes, but your gonna have a heck of a time proving harasment.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by appliancedude
To me your problem is proving harasment. Perhaps they are simply playing the recording to keep the deer out of their garden. I'm sure they're just being @$$holes, but your gonna have a heck of a time proving harasment.

They have no garden and the sounds were emminating from the state land. My friend had told me that the neighbor even told her that he doesnt like people hunting the state land behind their property and will do what he needs to do to deter it. I have emailed a friend of mine who is a CO and am awaiting his response. Honestly, I dont want confrontation, just my right to be able to hunt on a given piece of land with the actual chance of seeing a deer. Maybe if I get one though, I will leave the testicles in his driveway!! couldnt prove it was me!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Spike

If its a recording, and coming from state land, then go find the speakers and take care of them. No confrontation. Just remove the noise from the area. Well, thats what I would do anyways. Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.