Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

putting up a stand

Old 04-14-2003, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default putting up a stand

during the hunting season most the time the winds blow from the SE going NW and sometimes we get the winds right out of the east going west. i am sure the deer a coming from the west by the looks of it. my question is would it be a good idea to set up a stand with the wind going in a NW direction? this area was full of deer sign last season.
Old 04-14-2003, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: putting up a stand

You can once in your stand your sent should be above the deer. The problem in my eyes is getting to your stand without saturating the area with your sent. I' m still learning here too so I' m sure you' ll get mre qualified answers Ideally the wind should be in your face any chance of setting up on the oposite side facing the same area but with the wind.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:22 PM

Default RE: putting up a stand

no matter where I put my stand or which way the wind is coming from,I always wear rubber boots and spray down with HS Sent-a-way spray.
I buy it by the gal.and always have a bottle in my pack." that stuf really works" .[:-]