Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Baiting with deer corn

Old 02-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Baiting with deer corn

ORIGINAL: fastetti

I think people that don't agree with the topic should just STAY OUT OF IT!!! If you don't like the way some legally hunts, then no one cares. Your not goint to change anyones mind. I don't necessarily agree with some forms of trapping, so you know what I do. I keep my butt out of the trapping forums!!!
Exactly. This is what still hunters should do when it comes to hunting using dogs. They should just stay out of it. Your exactly right. I keep hearing still hunters over and over complain about people hunting with dogs so why don't they just stay out of it? Hunting with dogs is legal here as well as several other places.

This being said most of the hunters I know that don't like dog hunters also choose to bait their deer which while it may be legal some places is illegal here and imo should be illegal everywhere. I just don't think its right to kill a deer that's trying to come get something to eat to survive.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:22 AM

Ya but what is the difference between deer being killed trying to get something to eat different from them being killed trying to get some booty (using deer urine or some type of buck lure). this iswhat makes us individuals.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

I agree

It's pitiful how yall argue on who is a hunter and who is not.

I hunt straight woods and food plots.

THAT DOESN'T MAKE ME ANY BETTER THAN SOMEONE THAT USES CORN!
It's sad that a teen is more mature than adults about this situation.

Just leave it be
Old 02-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure I'd call the ones that hunt over their bait pile hunters.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:26 PM

I feed deer all year long in florida using feeders. I hunted with one of my buddys this year and he fills up a zip lock bag corn before he gos to te woods and puts it out around his stand before he gets in it.It works because i have noticed deer like to walk an eat. So I started dumpn a 50lb. bag around my stands when I fill my feeders so instead of the deer walking straight to the feeder they walk around and feed on whats on the ground first and sometimes gives youa better shot.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:40 PM

When you live in an area that has limited land and you can't afford to travel you have to do what is going to help you achieve the goal.hunting over bait does not make you less of a hunter you are just using the resource that you have .with small areas and tons of people you may not be able to do food plots or hunt trails due to the amount of pressure on the deer .you still can choose to only harvest the mature bucks that come to your food pile. no different that the use of scent attractants,and every body at one time or another has used them. In my state the land is limited and we do what we can to make it as fair as possible but sometimes even the deer need it to survive as a supplement.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not until the reality sets in that there is more to the hunt than " got to kill som'in " will attitudes ever change.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crokit

Not until the reality sets in that there is more to the hunt than " got to kill som'in " will attitudes ever change.
And some people eat what they kill, the more I kill the more food I have.
And some people dont get to hunt everyday, so when they only get to deer hunt twice a year, ya they want to kill something
Old 02-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

......... some people dont get to hunt everyday, so when they only get to deer hunt twice a year, ya they want to kill something

Now there's a quote P E T A can wrap their arms around!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

......... some people dont get to hunt everyday, so when they only get to deer hunt twice a year, ya they want to kill something
[/quote]
Now there's a quote P E T A can wrap their arms around!
[/quote]

What can PETA wrap their arms around? Hunters wanting to kill something?????
That is the whole point of hunting! Sure, I like spending time in the woods and I don't have to make a kill to have a successful hunt! But, there are only two things about hunting that are indisputable and unspinable to the anti's; first, hunting is conservation, there are more game animals alive now than ever before! Second, hunters pay the majority of the outdoors projects that benefit game and people.
So, if all PETA has to grasp is "I want to kill something," they are grasping at thin air! As long as you are abiding by the law, I will support your freedom to do it, even if it is not the way I do it!
You want something that PETA can "wrap their arms around?"
Here it is; Hunters fighting Hunters!

Quick Reply: Baiting with deer corn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.