Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Baiting with deer corn

Old 02-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Baiting with deer corn

Here using dogs to hunt is legal but guys that hunt in stands still complain and want to get using dogs to hunt banned. Yet hunting with bait here is illegal yet they seem to have no issue with that. It just bugs me a little that they don't mind trespassing, baiting deer, and doing other various illegal things but think that dog hunting should be outlawed to benefit their hunting when the dog hunters are the ones that are doing something legal. Yet when complaining and writing in about it they sure forget to mention all the illegal things they do in a stand and make it sound like they are angels. I don't really want to fight with any hunters and wish we all could get along but at the same time It's getting old with them on and on about how dog hunting should be outlawed so that it doesn't mess up their illegal hunts. Now not all of the guys that still hunt do illegal things and inface I know a couple that don't. However, that's only a couple out of all the guys I know. The ones that keep on complaining about how hunting with dogs should be outlawed are the ones I know that break at least if not more than that laws. In fact where a few of them are it's illegal to use dogs in their county however, they still want it banned elsewhere.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crokit

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

ORIGINAL: crokit

Not until the reality sets in that there is more to the hunt than " got to kill som'in " will attitudes ever change.
......... some people dont get to hunt everyday, so when they only get to deer hunt twice a year, ya they want to kill something

Now there's a quote P E T A can wrap their arms around!
I dont know how you hunt but when I hunt stuff dies. My sole purpose for hunting is to kill something, if it wasnt I wouldnt bring my gun, thats called camping
Old 02-06-2009, 03:59 AM

This is what "BAIT" looks like...

Old 02-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

If there was a subject that I wish they would ban from these forums it would be baiting (With "head shots" and "smallest caliber on a deer" a close second). This topic is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but you never get anywhere.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

A men, fastetti
Old 02-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

zrexpilot,

now is your main purpose to hunt for meat or to "kill something" because you've stated both and there is a big, big difference difference. If you're just out to "kill something" you ought to take up predator hunting or, well, even fly swatting. You'll be hard pressed to find very many, if any, hunters on all of HNI who say they had due to the "thrill of the kill."

Crockit, I'm with you on this, I believe there is much more to hunting than the actual harvest of the animal, to me hunting is much more than a pursuit. It's an opportunity to experience god's creation in nature and to become more aware of the world around me all the while pursuing a truly majestic animal. Going along with what you're saying, I can have an uber succesful morning in the deer woods and never once draw my bow or take off the safety. there is just so much more to hunting than taking the animal, fortunately there are many who DO see this

Old 02-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

wahoohunter: you will be thoroughly bashed for agreeing with the NY dude. But alas, in the end, it's ' to each his own ". I just prefer mine.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:05 PM

If the man wants to bait friggin let him bait for gosh sakes. For those of ya who have land it is wonderful, to hunt on I know becuase i have land. If you did not get to hunt all the time and only 3-4 days a year you would be baiting. It is just how it is and If ya think is wrong look at ted nugent he baits all the time. Infact ted nugent is one of the only hunting shows i watch, 1. not afraid to use bait, 2. not afraid to lower the doe population, 3. he loves to shoot a bow.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:00 PM

For those still confused....

The first picture is a deer that just got KILLED.

The second one is what got HARVESTED this year.

The third picture is BAIT.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:01 PM

!

Quick Reply: Baiting with deer corn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.