Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Baiting with deer corn

Old 02-27-2009, 06:41 AM

Default RE: Baiting with deer corn

ORIGINAL: muzzlenut

As if this hasn't gone on long enough,
its fun
Old 03-04-2009, 04:54 AM

looks like the fun is over
Old 03-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nathanyeck

looks like the fun is over
Give it a few months, this topic will never be over. My wager is that by June we have another one, probably sooner. I say once Michigan starts talking whether they life the ban or not we will have one within minutes!!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Topics like this always turn into pissing matches. Simply because thier is no right answer, just opinions. ut 50 hutners in a room and you will get 50 different ones.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ill just stick to the corn that costs me nothing other than what i plant and shell myself. and thats if i decide to bait at all. I always wait to see what the herd is like, if theres a mess of deer then I may bait a little so i can take out some does other than that I dont bait.

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

IMHO the "deer corn" is no better than regular shelled corn. I have seen it take longer for the deer to start eating the "deer corn" than the regular corn.
Maybe not, but it's cheaper. I think I'll stick to the stuff that's $7 for 50 pounds.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:31 PM

lol i bet
Old 03-06-2009, 04:17 AM
Fork Horn

Go to your local grain elevator if you have one...you get twice the amount of corn for half the price...I picked up 300lbs the other day for 30 bucks...of course it won't have the molasses in it, but if you want to lace it with something; buy the C'Mere deer concentrate liquid and mix it in...works great!!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: daveyrock

Go to your local grain elevator if you have one...you get twice the amount of corn for half the price...I picked up 300lbs the other day for 30 bucks...of course it won't have the molasses in it, but if you want to lace it with something; buy the C'Mere deer concentrate liquid and mix it in...works great!!!!
I agree, we buy our corn like this also. We have around 20 55-gallon drums that are filled with corn and left on a trailer that we use throughout the season. It is a whole lot cheaper to just fill your own bags of corn and the drums will hold around 8-9 bags for the price of 5 pre-packaged bags.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:47 PM

I think that everyone needs to stop busting on the methods of hunting used by others. If it is legal, knock yourself out. Use whatever legal methods you can.

It amazes me that the midwest guys always want to knock baiting. I have hunted the midwest & that is all you hear when you are out there. If you hunt the cornbelt, then you are baiting. You hunt over corn & been fields. You hunt deer that are unpressured. You want a challenge? Try to bait deer in WV, PA, NY, or MI & kill a P & Y animal. These are all states with high hunters per square mile ratios. In these states, spike bucks walk in very weary of there surroundings. Many hunters in these states live by the "if it's brown, it's down" motto.

I guess I am no better because I joined the argument, but I wish hunters would ban together & fight for each others causes. People are trying to take away the access to lands & the right to bear arms & all we can do is waste time arguing about baiting deer.