Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Someone else hunting in my stand... >

Someone else hunting in my stand...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Someone else hunting in my stand...

Old 02-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Someone else hunting in my stand...

I sent you a p.m.

ORIGINAL: Zrabfan26

I am really irritated with the neighbor at my dad's farm. He doesn't have any permission to hunt my dad's ground, yet he'll hunt my stand when I'm not around. Last year it was the last day of rifle buck and I wasn't in the stand, so he helped himself to the stand. It turned out he bagged what was most likely the biggest buck the farm has ever shot, some luck. Drove his truck right through my dad's field to retrieve it, again without permission. This year he shot another deer from that stand, unkown if buck or doe during the week while I was at work. Once again driving through the field, this time leaving ruts. When my dad told me I said "what an a-hole". He didn't say anything either time and told me well he don't want to piss him off cause he's the neighbor and sometimes if the steers get out he'll call him to let him know. So I'm offended that he don't want to piss this guy off instead he's pissing meoff. So I don't know what to do. It's my dad's property he's trespassing but its my treestand. For at least the past 30 years theres been a wooden stand in this location, 2 years ago I rebuilt one made out of pressure treated lumber. I didn't build it so this guy can enjoy. If I take it down then I lose out, which isn't right. What would you guys do?
Old 02-15-2009, 05:52 AM
Typical Buck

put a fake snake on the seat when he gets up there he will just climb right back down worked for me i seen a guy hunting my stand so i didnt say anything i walked right by next day i put a fake snake in the tree that thing never moved an inch so i know he never went back in it lol ..unless ur guy is not scared of snakes
Old 02-15-2009, 10:15 AM

OK, here is what you do sit above stand like 10 to 15 feet up higher then when he comes to climb up it piss on him he might or might not come back, lol. But i would confront him or get a restraining order or arrest him for trespassing.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heck, it ain't trespassing unless you use the resident owner's/kin tree stand.

You daddy probably knows he ain't shootin' any of the steers.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Valentine

What the??? Am i the only one who does not understand this guys post?
Old 02-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think that Boomhauer dropped in. Nowhutimeenman?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: dandbuck

ORIGINAL: Valentine

What the??? Am i the only one who does not understand this guys post?
Nope
Old 02-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Since the guy "has taken the biggest deer on the farm so far", he's going to be "pissed", when you take "his favorite" tree stand down, he obviously has developed an emotional attachment for the area.

When you take the tree stand down, you may in essence be burning your Dad's barn down ... if ya catch my drift?

With all due respect ... you and/or your dad are going to have to grow some "cojohnes"!
Go visit the guy and congratulate him on his "big buck"! Ask to see it, and ask him to tell you the deer story. At least get to know the guy ... most of your frustration may evaporate, who knows?

A lot of the posts were amusing and/or funny ... take a picture of your tree stand and let us see it.
Keep us posted ...
Old 02-19-2009, 04:20 AM
Fork Horn

Would love an update, what's happened?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:23 AM
Spike

ahh come on fingerz42..im just kidding..i would tear it down..go to a different side of the property..build a food plot so most of the deer stay around the new side i was hunting..and hunt there...

Quick Reply: Someone else hunting in my stand...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.