Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Someone else hunting in my stand... >

Someone else hunting in my stand...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Someone else hunting in my stand...

Old 02-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Someone else hunting in my stand...

Alot of the guys here say to confront the trespasser but it's obvious that your Dad doesn't want any problems with the neighbor and probably in not so many words has given him the ok to hunt.........I'd go with with the option that hasbeen suggested here several times. Yank that permanent stand down and get a climber that goes home with you. I have the same situation at my Dad's. Sometimes when I go to our target range there I see someone hunting....I chuckle when I start blasting away. The deer never go far but it sure gives his neighbors who have permission a plate full of disgust, eventually they get the message and find somewhere else.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks.

ORIGINAL: Crow31

My friend had a similar problem, so he laid a booby trap. He put a 5 gallon bucket of water in his stand then tied the pull up rope to it. He tied it to the bucket ina manner where you could barely reach it from the ground. You had reach up and pullit down to tie your bow on and when you did you would pull the water down on top of you. The next time he went out there was an empty bucket. He hasn't had the problem since.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

All I can say about the 5 gallon bucket deal is that there must have been one blind idiot to not see and notice a 5 gallon bucket!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:39 AM
Typical Buck

Have you talked to the guy ? Is he a nice guy ? Any chance yall can be friends and share the cost of getting ready for deer season ?
Oats, corn, food plot, etc ? Or maybe let him know YOUR going to spend some money and if he wants to hunt the stand he's gonna have to come up with some cash........I don't think asking him not to trespass or poach is too much.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

If that guy wont notify your dad about steers on the lose after your dad calls him on trespassing then that guy is a completeidiot rather than a partial idiot.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Spike

just cut slits in the bottom of the stand so when he gets up in the tree its snaps and he falls....
Old 02-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

"just cut slits in the bottom of the stand so when he gets up in the tree its snaps and he falls...."

Oh that is really a smart thing to do. Now dad won't own the farm any longer after the guy sues and gets every thing dad owns.

(1. Simplist thing to do is go to the removable stand.

(2. Or as I did say OK pops your friends can now have my stand I am hunting MY OWN PROPERTY. Been doing it for 17 years now and not a problem.

Al
Old 02-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: doe slyr

just cut slits in the bottom of the stand so when he gets up in the tree its snaps and he falls....
Wow. This could go for "Stupidest post of the year" Its leading so far no doubt.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:38 PM

I would either confront him about it,or tear down the permanent stand and use a climber...or both.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: doe slyr

in the perfact world this would work great, unfortuantly we live in a world governed by a bunch of stupid @#%holes. i know its been said b4 but make sure ur dad isnt giveing this guy permission to hunt. there is a difference between telling him its ok and turning a blind eye.

Quick Reply: Someone else hunting in my stand...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.