Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Whats the best way to cook the tenderloins? >

Whats the best way to cook the tenderloins?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats the best way to cook the tenderloins?

Old 12-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Spike

Default Whats the best way to cook the tenderloins?

anyone know the bet way to cook the loins? i got a few ways but want to try something new.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:30 AM

Default RE: Whats the best way to cook the tenderloins?

Inject them with whatever you like, wrap um in bacon, and throw them on the grill.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slice them open, stuff with shrimp garlic nad other tasty herbs, wrap in bacon and BBQ, don't forget to marinade in your favorite sauce, maybe not the best but damn tasty I guarantee
Old 12-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a recipe I've been using for years and everyone who tries it - LOVES it. You will need a bottle of Terrioki sause that you find in the "foreign" food isle of any store. The stuff I usually get is in the orange bottle. Mix 1 part Terrioki sause with 1 part Olive Oil, and marinade steaks in the mixture for an hour or so.

When putting steaks over open flame, apply seasoning salt, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. DON'T OVERCOOK, eat medium to rare and it will be the best steak you've ever had!
Old 12-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

However the wife cooks them...
Old 12-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Around my house the tenderloins get cooked whole in a cast iron pan with butter, then sliced and eaten with fried eggs and home fries. I cook all my venison to rare/medium rare.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

I usually just slice it thin and marinate it. I usually use those packet marinades where you just add water and oil, pretty much any of them work. then i usually just pan fry them or throw them on the grill quick (weather permitting). As was mentioned earlier you will want to cook it fairly rare. Since venison has very little fat it is really easy to dry out.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:14 PM

I marinade it overnight in equal parts of orange juice, worchester sauce, soy sauce, andtable spook of liquid smoke. Wrap in bacon and yummy!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I slice them thick rub with oil and season like a good beef steak, grill to med rare! Hard to beat at my house!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

1 cup of Ketchup
1 cup of Honey
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce

Take loin or backstrap and place in a foil pan. poke a few small holes in it along the length of loin and stuff bits of garlic in there.

Pour the honey/ketchup mixture (after you mix it in a bowl) over the loins.
Cook in the oven until rare, 135 degrees in center.

To brown it or crisp it up, place under the broiler for a few minutes before serving.

slice it in 1/4 inch thick slices and place back in the sauce. serve from there.

Quick Reply: Whats the best way to cook the tenderloins?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.