Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Whats the best way to cook the tenderloins? >

Whats the best way to cook the tenderloins?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats the best way to cook the tenderloins?

Old 12-18-2008, 04:47 PM

Default RE: Whats the best way to cook the tenderloins?

Ok every one send me an sample and I will choose the best and declair the the winner
Old 12-18-2008, 05:10 PM

Tenderloins are great without marinades, too, it's up to personal preference. Just refrain from throwing them in a bag with a bottle of italian dressing overnight. Sometimes I slice them into 1/4" thick medallions, batter 'em and deep fry 'em. You can't go wrong with tenderloins- unless you cook them too long. Just remember that, because they contain no fat, you don't have too cook it long at all, the meat will continue to de-protein while you're eating it. I've grilled them for as little as 30 seconds on each side (on a very hot grill). "Fillet" of Venison is also very good, just panfry the whole tenderloin in butter and garlic.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did some last week. I baked then in the oven for 45 minutes @350 covered in a pepper corn mix....the meat pealed apart ...it was the most tender piece I've had in 22 years of huntin..
Old 12-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Marinade them in A1 sauce, then cook them on the George Forman grill.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I usually use the loins(back straps) for jerky and the tenderloins I use add to stew.

Hey Droptine,
The tendeloin is the most tender piece of meat on the deer. Why would you use it in stew? You can stew just about cut of meat and have it come out like butter. Why "waste" the tenderloin with that?
Just askin'
Old 12-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Hey Droptine,
The tendeloin is the most tender piece of meat on the deer. Why would you use it in stew? You can stew just about cut of meat and have it come out like butter. Why "waste" the tenderloin with that?
Just askin'
Just what I do.

I'm not very experienced with preparing venison. I'm pretty handy in the kitchen, but many people I give cooke dmeat to love Jerky. I've made jerky out of an entire deer, more than once, because I had a lot of requestes for it.

My brother and our friends love the stew I make, so as I keep making it, I just use whatever meat I hav ein the freezer, regarless of the cut.

Really I just havnt gotten around to trying and experimenting with various ways to prepare venison.

Today, I cut a backstrap into 3 egual parts and they are currently marinating in 3 different marinades I made. We'll see how it turns out

I hear ya' It's all about what you like and are used to.
Give it a try though. Take all the fat off the tenderloin. Grill it up as is, but DO NOT OVERCOOK IT or it will dry out quick. Best if medium to medium rare. It will be very tender. Once you have tried it "as is" then add marinate if you want next time.
Just be careful not to overcook it
Old 12-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately Drop, I don't use a thermometer. I'm pretty good at cooking them up and taking them off when they arestill pink inside all the way through.

Quick Reply: Whats the best way to cook the tenderloins?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.