Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

arizona mount

Old 04-07-2003, 10:25 AM

Default arizona mount

I would like to have the recipe for a arizona mount of a deer skull. does anyone have the directions.
Thanks
Old 04-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: arizona mount

Can' t say that I have ever heard of an Arizona Mount.

Old 04-07-2003, 11:04 AM

All that it implies is that it is a skull and antler only mount. Typical of the skulls you would see out west in the desert.
Old 04-07-2003, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve always heard that as a European mount. Are you looking for info on bleaching the skull, or the whole proccess right down to screwing it onto a plaque?
Old 04-07-2003, 12:58 PM

Thanks i knew their was another name for it. yes i am needing the process from beginging to end. I' ve done them before but i lost my directions. I beleive it went something like this. Remove all hair and brain matter. boil for one hour. remove fat skin and remaining brain. apply peroxide 40 to skull to remove stubborn material ect.. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks .
Old 04-07-2003, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a web site with some good info, pretty much the way that I have done it in the past http://www.bowzone.ca/modules.php?op...article&sid=97
Old 04-08-2003, 05:37 AM

Thanks jorgy, although this is defferant from the way iv' e done it before i think i like this way better i will try it today. by the way the reason i am doing it this late in the season is because while i was out looking for sheds last week i found the remains of a buck.He was skin and bones but his heads was still mostly intact because of the very frozen winter. i scored the rack. he is 125.2 thanks again for your help. larry harper (hunthardhuntoften)