Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 liability insurance for hunting lease >

liability insurance for hunting lease

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

liability insurance for hunting lease

Old 04-07-2003, 09:40 PM
tip

Default liability insurance for hunting lease

Has anyone ever heard of land owner requiring hunters that lease for deer hunting with guns to have liability coverage for the hunting members ? Have been hunting in the same lease for 11 years now all of a sudden he wants us to get insurance.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: liability insurance for hunting lease

MY UNDERSTANDING IT IS VERY COMMON IN THE WORLD AS IT IS TODAY. BLAME THE LAWYERS CANNOT BLAME THE LANDOWNERS FOR WANTING THE PROTECTION
Old 04-08-2003, 12:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: liability insurance for hunting lease

Very common practice in our area is to have insurance. I can' t blame the landowners at all. You must have protection just in case. Shop around and you should find some reasonable. If you have any timber company land often you can add outside lands to your lease for about $.22 per acre. Some people I know will lease a 20 or so acre tract just so they can add their other lands to the policy at a cheap rate.