Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

descent people?

Old 12-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: descent people?

I'm not the one that started with the over-generalization and am just stating a fact. Sorry if that is hard for some folks to swallow.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: crenshaw

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

If you check around on this site you will probably hear farmorestories of hunts being ruined by other still hunters than anyone else. Trying to avoid hunting right next to a road might help some.
here you go with your still hunters are the problem statements again. great

Road hunters suck, there lazy and they give the sport a bad name, even though in my opinion they dont share anything in common with me. Last year i had a guy back up in front of my house to shoot a deer in my yard. I watched as he got his gun up and everything. When i came out side right before he shot, waiving my bage he **** himself. That was fun. He was shaking in boots for a while, the local sherrif took him off about 10mns later, apperently this guy wasnt even supposed to have a firearm. Best advice is call the law. Get the tags the make the model et al. There dangerous.
Just curious if you would be POed at a guy/gal that was a non-hunter, but was fascinated by seeing deer, stopping his car when he sees a deer to watch. I have a hard time believing that everyone on the forum does not stop their vehicle (when safe to do) to watch or glass deer from the road even if it is on property that you don't hunt. Your stopping (even on your way to church) has a high probability of spooking that deer that is just a few yards away from being harvested by a young kid or novice hunter. We all do it (although not with a gun, but the gun didn't scare of any deer it was the vehicle) so now we are all poachers, give me a break. Now if you shoot from the road, yea, but scaring deer off when you stop a car to watch??? Nice to know that you are able to generalize all stopped vehicles as road hunters.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dunno, unless i am misreading something, it sounds like he had a legitimate complaint. But, then again,a lot can go wrong when you are setting up 40 yards from a road.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

i've had that same trouble as the word about some of the deer in the area i go which is crown land "open to everyone" got out. the road hunters would drive around all day cracking shots at everything moving. very sad and it got to the point that my van that was parked off the road at a trailhead ended up with a bullet that went through the hood ,airfilter,dash and ended up in the hitting my thermos of coffee of all things. i figure he was shooting at a deer crossing the road,missed and hit my van. next day after a little looking around i followed a blood trailand found a buck in the bush about 40 yards from my van so i guess he shot a few times. one hit the deer the other my van. road hunting has gotten way outta control and is definely a hot button topic with me. my advise to get away from them is to do what i do and go as far into the bush as you can.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Damn, would be a real shame if somebody about half a mile away took out their tire while they were pulling one of their stunts. Cough, cough, hint, cough[:@]
Old 12-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn, would be a real shame if somebody about half a mile away took out their tire while they were pulling one of their stunts. Cough, cough, hint, cough[:@]

Old 12-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

As long as it is a clean shot and the tire doesn't suffer too much, yep it is
Old 12-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started off here in Alabama running deer with hounds, and loved to hear the dogs bawl. But that was then, when we had access of 10's of thousands of acres of very rural paper company land on which to loose a pack of 3-4 hounds.Though I loved my hounds and loved running deer with them, I quit dog hunting because I tired of hunting my dogs. Those of you who have hunted deer with hounds know of what I speak ! Every one else is gone to the house and we "dog men" are riding roads looking for "Rover". I became a "stand" hunter in about 1978. Gave my 3 beloved hounds, (Spud, Belle and Cisco)to a good friend.

Frankly I have had far more success since and for me it is a whole lot of fun to try to figure out where to place a stand.

Truth is that dog hunting deer here has fallen on hard times. I hate it for those who do it right. But the slob hunters have ruined it for those guys.Very few counties allow dog hunting across the season and some don't allow it at all.

As for "Roaders", they are bums ... but they care not.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mojo,

Would be nice if some of the stand hunters were a little more careful about where/how they place their stands. I've got several ruined hickory and oak trees on my property from spike nails and abandoned stands that grew into the trees. Compared to that, a pack of houndcutting across the corner of myproperty is nothing.You can find slob hunters wherever you want to look for them.[]
Old 12-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: teedub31

ORIGINAL: crenshaw

If you check around on this site you will probably hear farmorestories of hunts being ruined by other still hunters than anyone else. Trying to avoid hunting right next to a road might help some.
here you go with your still hunters are the problem statements again. great

Road hunters suck, there lazy and they give the sport a bad name, even though in my opinion they dont share anything in common with me. Last year i had a guy back up in front of my house to shoot a deer in my yard. I watched as he got his gun up and everything. When i came out side right before he shot, waiving my bage he **** himself. That was fun. He was shaking in boots for a while, the local sherrif took him off about 10mns later, apperently this guy wasnt even supposed to have a firearm. Best advice is call the law. Get the tags the make the model et al. There dangerous.
Just curious if you would be POed at a guy/gal that was a non-hunter, but was fascinated by seeing deer, stopping his car when he sees a deer to watch. I have a hard time believing that everyone on the forum does not stop their vehicle (when safe to do) to watch or glass deer from the road even if it is on property that you don't hunt. Your stopping (even on your way to church) has a high probability of spooking that deer that is just a few yards away from being harvested by a young kid or novice hunter. We all do it (although not with a gun, but the gun didn't scare of any deer it was the vehicle) so now we are all poachers, give me a break. Now if you shoot from the road, yea, but scaring deer off when you stop a car to watch??? Nice to know that you are able to generalize all stopped vehicles as road hunters.
Wow you need to read better. The man was inRed pick up truck, late model ford. He had a rifle barrel sticking out of his window scoping in on deer that was on the side of my house. I new the deer was there because i to my self was watching it from the kitchen window. It was small 6 point. It was feeding on the girlfriends flowers, didnt bother me, that just means i dont have to water them. But when the truck went past and then put it in reverse coming down my road, i took notice. My house is on small country road and my house was only about 20 yards off the road. I saw him get is gun out. Thats when i went outside to scar the deer off and confront him. I have people come down the road all the time and slow down when deer are on the side of my house, i dont care, but to stop, slam it in reverse and take a look at the deer through your rifle scope when its maybe 40yrds off the road and 20 yards off my driveway, Yeah i got a problem! I believe you need to read things a little clearer my friend. I bolded it in my orginal statement for you. I dont care if you watching deer, i do it all the time too, but i dont do it looking through the scope of my rifle.

Quick Reply: descent people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.