HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   descent people? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/278632-descent-people.html)

rustynobles 12-15-2008 04:49 PM

descent people?

please tell me there are some descent people of at least some morals out there. i just had my hunt ruined by a guy road hunting. it pisses me off to invest so much time and money into what i love to have someone ruin it by being lazy and pulling off and shooting at deer. not only was it lazy, but it was dangerous as i was only 40 yards away. if it's not dogs being run all over it's freakin' road hunters. i'm getting fed up with hunting at my own home. i need to either find a good friend to hunt with who shares my views on dogs and stupidity, or just move. i don't know where i could move though because anywhere within driving distance of where i work will have the same problems. dammit i'm disgusted.

Firehawk7309 12-15-2008 06:39 PM

RE: descent people?

These type of people are the minority of the hunting community. Unfortunately, there are people in this minority about anywhere you could hunt.

joebogey 12-15-2008 06:52 PM

Year before last, my daughter was hoping to get her first buck.
We were hunting about 60 yards off of a little county road in a buddy stand when a nice 6 pointer ran up to the side of the road on the opposite side. I cautioned her about shooting across the road and explained that we'd have to wait until he crossed the road and had passed us to be safe.
Just as he started to cross, a couple of road hunters come up the road. The deer crosses and passes us. I bawl and he stops not 30 yards above us. The road hunters then come to a sliding halt right below us and the buck heads for parts unknown. The hunters see my daughter and I glaring at them and peel out to look for something else to screw up.

Movin ain't neccesarily gonna solve your problems buddy. There's duma$$es bout everywhere you go.

Jasonlester 12-15-2008 07:32 PM

Road Hunters = Poachers IMO

Its illegal here and Its poaching. If they are not legaly hunting they are poachers. So call it what it is.

Mottz 12-15-2008 07:40 PM

You're not alone when it comes to a hunt being spoiled by a roadhunter. The way you say investing time and moey though is only half of it. Just think of how many of these roadhunters piss landowners off and in turn have them saying no to hunters.

Bone_Collector 12-15-2008 08:21 PM

Where are you from Rusty? you seem to have a lot of issues with dog runners and poachers. In Tennessee where I'm from dog running is illegal and I agree 100%. also if you road hunt and get caught they take your vehicle, your gun, your hunting license for a while, and possibly your house. However everyone is right doesn't matter wha tlaws are made by the state there will always be dumba$$es everywhere.

spudrow 12-15-2008 08:28 PM

Yes they are in every state and moving doesn't change anything. Your best bet is to get their license number or type of vehicle and report them. Lucky for us most hunters are law abiding.

Spudrow from Mo

SWThomas 12-16-2008 04:17 AM

I'd call the law on that douche bag.

Lanse couche couche 12-16-2008 08:00 AM

If you check around on this site you will probably hear farmorestories of hunts being ruined by other still hunters than anyone else. Trying to avoid hunting right next to a road might help some.

crenshaw 12-16-2008 08:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

If you check around on this site you will probably hear farmorestories of hunts being ruined by other still hunters than anyone else. Trying to avoid hunting right next to a road might help some.
here you go with your still hunters are the problem statements again. great

Road hunters suck, there lazy and they give the sport a bad name, even though in my opinion they dont share anything in common with me. Last year i had a guy back up in front of my house to shoot a deer in my yard. I watched as he got his gun up and everything. When i came out side right before he shot, waiving my bage he **** himself. That was fun. He was shaking in boots for a while, the local sherrif took him off about 10mns later, apperently this guy wasnt even supposed to have a firearm. Best advice is call the law. Get the tags the make the model et al. There dangerous.