Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Decided on a .270...now what make? >

Decided on a .270...now what make?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Decided on a .270...now what make?

Old 12-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Decided on a .270...now what make?

Personally I like Savage, but if I had some coin to throw around I would look at one of Kimbers Hunter Lite models. Supposedly super light and accurate to boot.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gypsybill

Retriever, I am currently using a pre-Garcia Sako Forrester in .243 but I want something larger.My Sako is a tack driver, just a joy to shoot. I am thinking of moving up to either 7mm08 or 308. How do the old Sakos like mine compare with the newer models? I love the Sako action. I will go take a look at the links you provided. Thanks...
I have never owned an older Sako, but I have a friend that is a Sako nut and has several. I can ask him about the difference between the older and newer ones. As I said, I only have a Sako 75 Finnlite (stainless/synthetic) in 6.5x55, but I love it. The only action that I like better is the Sauer 202.

gypsybill
here is one for you and at a pretty decent price.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=117600404
Old 12-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Remington 700 SPS, a Ruger M77 MII, and a Savage 10fp tactical and love them all. You can't go wrong with any of them. I like the Remington for its accuracy and its dependability, I like the Savage because... well accutrigger is just great, but my Ruger M77 is my go to gun.... it's just an all around great gun and has never let me down. I shot my buddies Encore the other day and it was a dream to shoot. I'll be in the market for an Encore after Christmas to say the least. It was a great shooting gun and very comfortable to shoot. I am very picky about buying guns and if I have my mind set on buying a particular gun you better believe it's because I did my reasearch and shot te gun before hand. I will own an Encore come first of the year!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

As you can see everyone has their own opinions and you will have to develope your own. Just about any rifle in your range will be a great one. Go to the gunshop shoulder a few and get the one that feels best.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:26 PM

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

ORIGINAL: gypsybill

Retriever, I am currently using a pre-Garcia Sako Forrester in .243 but I want something larger.My Sako is a tack driver, just a joy to shoot. I am thinking of moving up to either 7mm08 or 308. How do the old Sakos like mine compare with the newer models? I love the Sako action. I will go take a look at the links you provided. Thanks...
I have never owned an older Sako, but I have a friend that is a Sako nut and has several. I can ask him about the difference between the older and newer ones. As I said, I only have a Sako 75 Finnlite (stainless/synthetic) in 6.5x55, but I love it. The only action that I like better is the Sauer 202.
Thanks. I would be interested in what he has to say. The old Sakos have beautiful blue work and bofors steel barrels which are very accurate. Really special rifles in my opinion. But right now I am a little more interested in something more scratch frieindly like your stainless/synthetic. I want to buy one or two new rifles in the near future. I have not had access to any of the new Sakos but they look good to me. I will check out the Sauer, also. Thanks...
Old 12-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I posted a link to a Sako 75 Finnlite in 308.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=117600404

Old 12-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Savage makes a great gun too!!!! And it is extremely accurate.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot an Weatherby 270,have never been disappointed yet.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

I have a 700adl synthetic....i love it. It is my go to gun. Looking to upgrade as well....but thinking about staying with remington.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used a Rem. ADL for years. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I killed many deer with it. It's a great gun.Like manyhunters, I just wanted to try something different. That's when I went to the Browning A-Bolt WSM.

Quick Reply: Decided on a .270...now what make?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.