HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Decided on a .270...now what make?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 09:26 PM
gypsybill

Default RE: Decided on a .270...now what make?

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

ORIGINAL: gypsybill

Retriever, I am currently using a pre-Garcia Sako Forrester in .243 but I want something larger.My Sako is a tack driver, just a joy to shoot. I am thinking of moving up to either 7mm08 or 308. How do the old Sakos like mine compare with the newer models? I love the Sako action. I will go take a look at the links you provided. Thanks...
I have never owned an older Sako, but I have a friend that is a Sako nut and has several. I can ask him about the difference between the older and newer ones. As I said, I only have a Sako 75 Finnlite (stainless/synthetic) in 6.5x55, but I love it. The only action that I like better is the Sauer 202.
Thanks. I would be interested in what he has to say. The old Sakos have beautiful blue work and bofors steel barrels which are very accurate. Really special rifles in my opinion. But right now I am a little more interested in something more scratch frieindly like your stainless/synthetic. I want to buy one or two new rifles in the near future. I have not had access to any of the new Sakos but they look good to me. I will check out the Sauer, also. Thanks...