Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scents

Old 11-20-2008, 07:10 PM

Default Scents

I have been scratching my head alot on this one and would like some input. I have used preety much every scent out there and they have worked some minimal degree. The best like I have is making mock scrapes to fire them up a little bit. I can never say that by putting out a couple of scent bombs the deer have came in on a string. How is it that a buck can find a hot doe in a big stand of trees and hunt her down and they don't come into the scent.I do practicegood scent control and the deer do not spook when they are beside me.
Now I do know that alot of the scent out there is CRAP and people are buying it without knowing how well it works. The one product that I have not used is code blue or standing estrus. These scents sound like they would work because they are taken fresh and from deer in estrus.
Can anyone offer some insight.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:12 PM

Default RE: Scents

I've heard Code Blue works quite well, but I don't personally use scents.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

the best scent i have ever used was a candle. i cant remember the name of it and cant find anyone who sells them this year but they worked awsome. i used them the last 3 years and they have always brought deer in. it was a candle that made a natural deer scents and man did that scent carry for a long distance. they use to sell it at wal mart but the wal marts around me dont have them this year. if you can find one they are definately worth buying.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:15 PM

If you get the name definately send it to me in a PM or something.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

ok i found them online... they use to sell them at my local walmart... here's the website.. www.hottrails.com these things work great!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm about to order some... i've been looking at every local place around me for them, i thought they was a local thing.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:58 PM

I USE THE CODE BLUE SCENTS.....