Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Who smokes while they are hunting? >

Who smokes while they are hunting?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who smokes while they are hunting?

Old 11-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default Who smokes while they are hunting?

Who smokes while they're hunting? I've seen this asked but haven't seen a poll. I don't smoke, but if I did, I wouldn't while hunting. Just know the deer would smell it from the downwind side, and plus it's extra movement. That big buck may also be coming downwind and smell it and never come past you then.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who smokes while they are hunting?

I smoke, but not while hunting. I have trouble enough holding my farts in let alone give them the scent of smoke
Old 11-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

I let myfarts rip lol. Never had a deer spook because of it smelling a fart. One time I farted when a doe was close. Thought it was going to be quiet, but it wasn't lol. She looked around like what the hell was that lol.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: The Deer Destroyer

I let myfarts rip lol. Never had a deer spook because of it smelling a fart. One time I farted when a doe was close. Thought it was going to be quiet, but it wasn't lol. She looked around like what the hell was that lol.
I like that, it made me laugh.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

It was funny. She looked so confused, but after about a minute, she went back to eating. It took me all I had to keep from laughing out loud.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Fork Horn

I smoke..ButNOT while hunting...been trying to quit..but have some trouble doing so lol. I put on a patch when i get up to go hunting.. keep the hunting clothes in the bed of the truck in a bag. Fart while hunting??? I fart way more thanI care to admit.. it would be impossible for me not to do so while hunting!!! lmao
Old 11-11-2008, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Obviously, I don't recommend it, but I smoke, and yes, while hunting. This thread made me reflect back through the years, and I believe nearly every buck I've taken since I got out of the service, including four that score between 141"-163 ", I had a cig. lit or just finished it. I'm not concerned with the smell factor because, IMHO, if the buck can smell your smoke, they can smell your scent. That's why I concentrate on finding wind transition areas. The movement/noise involved with smoking is more detrimental, IMHO, while hunting.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: The Deer Destroyer

It was funny. She looked so confused, but after about a minute, she went back to eating. It took me all I had to keep from laughing out loud.
i would have been done right there, i would be laughing my arse off all the way to the truck
Old 11-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

I think you underestimate how "loud" smoke smells. When someone that smokeswalks in my office, I smell it instantly. Perfumes and even BO doesn't catch my attention as quickly. I've hunted with my dad for 30 years. We hunt the same way, in the same areas---only difference is that he smokes. I've killed 8 deer over 130", he hasn't killed one. He does whack the heck out of 2 1/2 y/o bucks, though. Most of the places we hunt, we can't see over 100 yds. You can probably get away with smoking more when you can see a long way---and you can definitely enjoy the hunt more if you get to relax with a smoke.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

to young and think its nasty for one thing but my buddy, who is old enough, smokes sometimes and everytimehe smokes in the woods he see's a deer

PS: he smoke swisher sweets

Quick Reply: Who smokes while they are hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.