Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Are last yrs. scents/cover scents still good? >

Are last yrs. scents/cover scents still good?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Are last yrs. scents/cover scents still good?

Old 11-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Are last yrs. scents/cover scents still good?

I have a lot of Scent Killer left, and it still doesn't smell, just wondering if it is still good. Also, I have some doe scent, and Fox urine left. I would not think these should be used, but not sure. Have any of you used leftover scents? I know, for a few bucks, might not take the chance. Just wondering. Thanks
Old 11-03-2004, 07:44 PM

Default RE: Are last yrs. scents/cover scents still good?

Of course its still good! That stuff will last a while. I never throw any scents or things like that away, too expensive.
Chris
Old 11-03-2004, 08:10 PM

actually deer lures or any kind of animal urine does deteriate over time that is why they put it in containers that light cannot get thru, that odor that kinda stings your nose is the ammonia content in the urine and after you open most lures it starts deteriateing for the few pennies you spend on lure compared to all the money spent on a license and all the other things we as hunters spend on every year , why would you want to chance placeing something in the deer woods that could and most often does spook the deer instead of getting them into a shooting lane
Old 11-04-2004, 03:36 AM

Mine would be...especially after paying the money that they charge for that stuff.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:48 PM

Scent Killer of whatever brand will last, in my opinion. The other urine based scents I wouldn't trust to smell the same. I had scent in my basement from last season, I opened it the other day and the smell is different from when it's fresh. I would dump it someplace and watch what happens. Good luck
Old 11-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I keep leftover scent in the fridge in the garage and use it 2 years sometimes. I usually spill more than I use.