Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Scents

Old 10-20-2005, 03:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Hog Scents

Has anyone really used a product such as this to lure hogs out of the swamp? Di it really work for ya.? We are family here so please be honest so I don't get ripped.
Thanks ,
Chuck
Old 10-20-2005, 03:56 PM

Default RE: Hog Scents

i've used the scents put out by boar hunter magazine in traps with success. i don't still hunt hogs so can't say but i know they'll come to a trap with some sprayed inside. never used that particular brand.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for the reply.
Chuck
Old 10-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chuck.

Get a old wheat bag soak it in diesel then tie it with wire around a tree.

Give it a few days and go back, the pigs will have a track worn around the tree where they have been rubbing up against the bag.

Resoak the bag as needed find a hiding spot about 20 yards away and start whackin them hogs
Old 10-21-2005, 04:43 AM
Dominant Buck

So basiscly a bag with diesel fuel Burlap of course .Why are tthe hog sdrawn to that .How many times have you tried this and were successful?

Thanks Chuck
Old 10-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Chuck.

I have used this method a lot the reason it works is the diesel will act as a bug repelent so they dont get as many mossie and tick bites.

Plus the smell is like chanel#5 to them
Old 10-23-2005, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck imho the add you have posted there in your opening this topic is great stuff in my opinion!I have used both of those particular scents with great success!Using a dripper or adding the scent to a wallow will greatly increase the activity in the area you intend to hunt!Obviousily no scent is a miracle worker!Your not going to pull a rabbit out of a hat here using any scent,your animals need to be in your area to begin with!The idea here is to keep those animals frequenting your hunting area giving you a opportunity to hunt or trap them!I'm partial to the sow-n-heat myself but both scents work great as an attractant as well as a good cover scent too!Good luck Bob.....
Old 10-23-2005, 01:22 PM

I use all of my scents year round on hogs and have many pictures sent to me of the successful pigs taken on our products. Although the Sow in Heat spray and gel that we offer usually only work on bringing in the Boar hogs, I have seen smaller pigs relax with it in the area. Our Sour Mash attractant works year round on all pigs and other wildlife as well. As far as the rubbing poles. I use a creosote rope wrapped around the smaller trees. They love it and it can be refreshed with a little used motor oil.

Old 10-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Dominant Buck

BIg Boar,
I'd like to be honest with ya. I bet you guys are not hunting in an over crowded WMA. I'm not trying to be smart or anything but real. Do you think your product would honestly work in a WMA.? When I'm set up I hear hogs most of the time. When daylight comes they are well in the thick snake filled cypress domes. I'm wondering if this product or the kerosene tree rags can attract them out of their hiding to get a shot? Again , I'm not trying to belittle ya just looking for answers.
Chuck7
Old 10-23-2005, 05:43 PM

I hunt overcrowded WMA's myself. I don't think the rubbing materials will attract them to your spot. I use those over well established feeders as an additional thing to keep them around. On a wma, they have plenty of trees to rub on and don't particularly need yours for the few days your in, but that creosote keeps them around the feeders. Some guys use railroad ties and stick them in the ground next to the feeder.(same concept). But back to the attractants. If you know for a fact that you have a few dominant boars in the area, the sow in heat works well. I drag rag the Kellers Gel I sell and then spray the Feral Fire on a tampon, but like I said, thats if you know you have a dominant boar in the area. On a WMA just to bring in lots of hogs, I use the TUFF TUSK because it's so pungent. I had a guy on a ranch spray it only on one small pile of corn out of a whole road full of corn and not only the hogs, but the deer and exotics went to that spot. I know the frustration of hunting WMA's. I hunt the one's I know have lots ofgame though. I just shot a spike Friday morning in TOSOHATCHEE. There were five trucks parked in the area I hunt and I didn't think I was gonna see much and at 7:15 I was dragging a spike out. It can be done. How about I send you a sample bottle and you try it out. If you don't see anything, no harm done. If you do, send me a picture.

Quick Reply: Hog Scents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.