Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Black Panther seen while deer hunting >

Black Panther seen while deer hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Black Panther seen while deer hunting

Old 12-03-2008, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Black Panther seen while deer hunting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp1Uk-uN4vg
Old 12-03-2008, 07:36 AM

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhUE58vV2Ws

Here is a better video of the one posted above. I don't know how you could fake this. He keeps cutting to the deer because he is taping their reaction. You can hear the little boy saying " there he is again, dad". Call it what you will but I don't think this is fake.
I get a different impression watching the video. I have watched the video a couple of times now and it appears to be an obvious fake to me. It has definitely been edited and of course it is of poor quality with only fleeting glances of the panther. If you were filming a panther why would you keep cutting away to the deer? Why is the panther cooperative enough to go back and forth so we can see him but just not get too good a look? Why is the deer still hanging around? I would think the cougar, boy and photograper might be enough to send him running away. The panning back and forth to the deer seems to be done to somehow prove the film is legitimate. If this film were legitimate wouldn't it be featuredon the front cover ofevery hunting and science magazine in the country? I saw an hour show on the history channel about black panthers and they had several pieces of footage that were of much better quality than this one and they were able to determine thatnone of them werelegitimate.

The video I saw of the great white shark jumping out of the water and biting the helicopter was much more convincing for me. It looked real. This thing jumped up out of the water and grabbed the helicopter and brought it down! How about all of the things we see in movies? The impossible is done every day.Scenes arefaked to the point where it all looks real. The events faked in film appearto only belimited by imagination. In this time of advanced technology I don't know that any of us can rely too much on a video. Far from being hard to fake, it appears that anything is possible with a video.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:37 AM

A man with a sense of humor!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: gypsybill

Here is a better video of the one posted above. I don't know how you could fake this. He keeps cutting to the deer because he is taping their reaction. You can hear the little boy saying " there he is again, dad". Call it what you will but I don't think this is fake.
I get a different impression watching the video. I have watched the video a couple of times now and it appears to be an obvious fake to me. It has definitely been edited and of course it is of poor quality with only fleeting glances of the panther. If you were filming a panther why would you keep cutting away to the deer? Why is the panther cooperative enough to go back and forth so we can see him but just not get a good look? I saw an hour show on the history channel about black panthers and they had several pieces of footage that were of much better quality than this one and they were able to determine thatnone of them werelegitimate.
the only part of that video that is convincing is the start of it, when they pan from the deer to the cat in a single frame. then with all the jumping back to the deer and the repeat shot of the cat moving from left to right, i wouldn't so much say it a fake, just allot of copy and pasting with zoomed frames to make it look like the cat was there more that it was. and if you notice the close up of the deer he is actually standing where thecat moves from then in the next shot he islike 40 yards from it. and then he is back up where the cat was. so yea it has been edited way, way too much.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

I don't know how you could fake this
I wonder how they got that shark to eat the helicopter?

Steve

They painted a seal picture on the bottom of it. DUH!!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DannyD

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

I don't know how you could fake this
I wonder how they got that shark to eat the helicopter?

Steve

They painted a seal picture on the bottom of it. DUH!!
LOL
Old 12-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

tooth fairy brought my son $5 lastnight....the money was there....so the tooth fairy HAD to bring it
Old 12-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TreednNC

tooth fairy brought my son $5 lastnight....the money was there....so the tooth fairy HAD to bring it
$5??? where was that tooth fary when i was a kid?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

cross-bred with santa clause and they split the difference.......normally tooth fairies are cheap....like cougars are brown.....but when you cross that with generous Santa Clause...the POSSIBLE black jaguars......you get a tooth fairy that brings $5....or black panther.............oh and as far as the tooth fairy thing goes.......i asked all the other parents I came in contact with at the time and they said $5 was the going rate........................I got $0.25 when I was his age. Dang inflation.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gypsybill

I get a different impression watching the video. I have watched the video a couple of times now and it appears to be an obvious fake to me. It has definitely been edited and of course it is of poor quality with only fleeting glances of the panther. If you were filming a panther why would you keep cutting away to the deer? Why is the panther cooperative enough to go back and forth so we can see him but just not get too good a look? Why is the deer still hanging around? I would think the cougar, boy and photograper might be enough to send him running away. The panning back and forth to the deer seems to be done to somehow prove the film is legitimate. If this film were legitimate wouldn't it be featuredon the front cover ofevery hunting and science magazine in the country? I saw an hour show on the history channel about black panthers and they had several pieces of footage that were of much better quality than this one and they were able to determine thatnone of them werelegitimate.

The video I saw of the great white shark jumping out of the water and biting the helicopter was much more convincing for me. It looked real. This thing jumped up out of the water and grabbed the helicopter and brought it down! How about all of the things we see in movies? The impossible is done every day.Scenes arefaked to the point where it all looks real. The events faked in film appearto only belimited by imagination. In this time of advanced technology I don't know that any of us can rely too much on a video. Far from being hard to fake, it appears that anything is possible with a video.
Ohhhh, your right! It's fake, all fake. I'm so gullible.[:'(]

Quick Reply: Black Panther seen while deer hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.