HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Black Panther seen while deer hunting
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 07:36 AM
gypsybill

Default RE: Black Panther seen while deer hunting

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhUE58vV2Ws

Here is a better video of the one posted above. I don't know how you could fake this. He keeps cutting to the deer because he is taping their reaction. You can hear the little boy saying " there he is again, dad". Call it what you will but I don't think this is fake.
I get a different impression watching the video. I have watched the video a couple of times now and it appears to be an obvious fake to me. It has definitely been edited and of course it is of poor quality with only fleeting glances of the panther. If you were filming a panther why would you keep cutting away to the deer? Why is the panther cooperative enough to go back and forth so we can see him but just not get too good a look? Why is the deer still hanging around? I would think the cougar, boy and photograper might be enough to send him running away. The panning back and forth to the deer seems to be done to somehow prove the film is legitimate. If this film were legitimate wouldn't it be featuredon the front cover ofevery hunting and science magazine in the country? I saw an hour show on the history channel about black panthers and they had several pieces of footage that were of much better quality than this one and they were able to determine thatnone of them werelegitimate.

The video I saw of the great white shark jumping out of the water and biting the helicopter was much more convincing for me. It looked real. This thing jumped up out of the water and grabbed the helicopter and brought it down! How about all of the things we see in movies? The impossible is done every day.Scenes arefaked to the point where it all looks real. The events faked in film appearto only belimited by imagination. In this time of advanced technology I don't know that any of us can rely too much on a video. Far from being hard to fake, it appears that anything is possible with a video.