Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

protect the land owner

Old 11-01-2008, 12:06 PM

Default protect the land owner

landowner libility,have you ever wonderd how it should be?this is just my idea.if someone uses your land or passes through your land for outdoor recreation or harvesting,you assume no responsibility and incur no liability for injuries to that person or his property.you are protected whether or not you give permission to use your land.what should outdoor recreation mean hunting,fishing,trapping,camping,hiking,sight seeing,boating,atv use,equine activies,biking,picnicking,swimming and all outdoor activity including environmental education and research. harvesting means harvesting forest products,field and marine products like pine needles,mushrooms,clams and seaweed.the land owner needs to be protected even if the person is harvesting products for wholesale or retail. i might be wrong or mabe right,chime in on this one.please i need the info.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: protect the land owner

Maybe the landowner should assume no liability, but it doesn't work that way.You should require that anybody on your property is protected by "hunters insurance". I had a good friend that invited a number of guys to shoot dove on his place. Before going to the field somebody got out a clay pigeon thrower and they were passing a few minutes warming up. One of them was accidently shot. He and his family sued the guy that held the gun and the landowner. My friend lost close to $1 million and he wasn't even out there. He was just the landowner.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: protect the land owner

Il. does have a landowner liability exeption, but most land owners don't care aboutit. after all it was written by lawerys.