Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Land Owner...Yes or No >

Land Owner...Yes or No

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
yes
38.78%
no
61.22%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Land Owner...Yes or No

Old 05-16-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Land Owner...Yes or No

Ok, so after reading GMMAT's post and not wanting to hijack his successful idea, I had a thought to ask the landowners what they have actually done. So, for those of you who haven't been following GMMAT's post the original question was along the lines of: If you shoot a deer and it crosses onto another's property, will you go and retrieve it, knowing that you are breaking the law?

To make this more clean cut. As a landowner, have you ever denied access toor pressed charges on someone who came in or wanted to come in,to get a deer they shot on their own property (or public land) and then who IMMEDIATELY left your property.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Land Owner...Yes or No

I have no problem with someone coming on my land to retrieve a downed animal they legally killed. Out of respect, I just want to know they are about to do it because I would do the same! I will let you know that I would be on your property!
Old 05-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was a landowner, and I never gave it a thought when guys retrieved their deer ..... I would help them look!

Like i said in the other post, in my area, guys just help others recover their deer ..... landowners aren't overprotective nut bags spending their lives waiting for their chance to arrest someone from recovering a deer shot on the neighboring land...
Old 05-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your retreiving a deer, come on over, Ill even help you track it whether youcall me 1st or I see in the process of doing so.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Call me first and I will go out and help. If you don't ask then you are tresspassing.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

Call me first and I will go out and help. If you don't ask then you are tresspassing.
But would you raise up a big stink about it? Would you press charges or justfind out who it was and talk to him about it, tell him just call me first next time, etc.? Or do you just let it go?Just curious.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:51 PM

Own land. Let them get it as long as weren't hunting on my property without permission. No need to ask in that case. Know they would treat me the same in my area.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: chucker34

Own land. Let them get it as long as weren't hunting on my property without permission. No need to ask in that case. Know they would treat me the same in my area.
That is the kind of answer I was hoping to see. A true hunter to hunter kind of treatment of the situation. Thank You!
Old 05-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

It depends on who it is. Last year I had stuff stolen,people in my own hunting party not following the rules.So I have gotten a little testy over the last year about uninvited guests and people on my land.In most cases I would let it go but there is one guy that hunts across the street from me and he knows he is not welcome and if I caught him without asking yes I would put the scews to him,but anybody else I would let know that they were tresspassing and next time call me first then go find the deer. Does that answer your question? I quess I should have explained deeper the first time.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

It depends on who it is. Last year I had stuff stolen,people in my own hunting party not following the rules.So I have gotten a little testy over the last year about uninvited guests and people on my land.In most cases I would let it go but there is one guy that hunts across the street from me and he knows he is not welcome and if I caught him without asking yes I would put the scews to him,but anybody else I would let know that they were tresspassing and next time call me first then go find the deer. Does that answer your question? I quess I should have explained deeper the first time.
That answers it beautifully, and I fully understand your reasoning. It sounds like the same kind of reasoning I would use to decide who could come on my land (hypothetically speaking of course, for I own diddly squat).

Quick Reply: Land Owner...Yes or No

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.