Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Land Owner Permission >

Land Owner Permission

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Land Owner Permission

Old 10-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Spike

Default Land Owner Permission

Okay, I am a college student in the UP of Michigan, and I have been looking for a place to late season bow hunt in the area, but i am having problems finding anyone who is willing to give me permission to hunt their land. Does anybody have any suggestion that would possible get my foot in the door.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:03 AM

Default RE: Land Owner Permission

NMU or TECH? Either way you have access to hundreds of thousands of state and federal land to hunt.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

One things to do is to get as far away from town as possible. If your school is in a town of any size then the folks close to town have probably been asked repeatedly by lots of folks.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

one thing landowners like to hear is that you will pop a doe first, atleast thats how it is here in SD I've never been turned down when asking permission to stick a doe on their land, plus usually after I've talked to them a bit and met them a few times they will tell me that its ok to stick a buck if the shot oppertunity arises
Old 10-31-2007, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive never had trouble gaining permission. I trap for animals causing trouble. Farmers dont like skunks, coons etc. I dont mind setting a bunch of cage traps and keeping things thinned out for them(and getting some pretty good fur on the side) They usually let me shoot a turkey or a deer in exchange for svc. rendered.