Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Wanna Hunt my Private Land for FREE!!! >

Wanna Hunt my Private Land for FREE!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wanna Hunt my Private Land for FREE!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wanna Hunt my Private Land for FREE!!!

Well Im glad to see that the guy you let hunt there w/ his kid is setting a great example for his kid to follow.
What a moron, hopefully for his sake, the kid figures it out on his own how to respect other people, because his father won't.
WW-you have every reason to be venting.
Good luck this year and going forward!!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've found in MOST cases, that people are willing to let you hunt. Just ask! I've been allowed more than turned down. I even drew up a release for them to read, and if necessary, got it notorized to give them some piece of mind. Blatantly tresspassing, however, is a much different story.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:51 PM

It's about respect. I think it's bull that someone thinks it's ok to do this. It's not ! !
Old 10-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a funny story. I don't understand it. I don't get invited on many people's property to hunt. For several years I have hunted on a 160 acre plot of ground that my niece's husband's father leases for cattle. My niece's husband invited me to hunt there. I always try to get him some special gifts, usually of a hunting nature, to show my appreciation for his invitation -- above and beyond whatever family Christmas gift drawing we might do. Additionally, since it is his dad who actually leases the land, I get the dad a gift card every year and make a special visit at Christmas to give the gift. I know this is pretty small potatoes, but it is at least in the positive side of the ledger. I do not leave trash on the hunting ground or go against any of the rules or expectations of my hosts. I lock gates after I pass through them. How much trouble does it take to do that? While it is somewhat bogus, I think, to say this out of turn (to say before doing), I have it in my mind to treat my niece's husband to a pronghorn antelope DIY hunt near Gillette, Wyoming in 2010, to show my accumulated appreciation for his helping me out. He is an avid hunter, and I'm pretty sure he would enjoy this a lot.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks alot everyone for the support. Sure helped me get over some of the frustration.
On a side note...the guy I let hunt with his son really surprised me because I wouldn't have expected it from him. He is a Doctor (I expected more) and would have thought he would have had more respect for my property.
WW
Old 10-11-2008, 12:28 PM

Well that sucks and it sets a bad example for the kid and degrades the hunting community but i think its kinda funny how many hits u got on this post because of the enticing title u put it under.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't blame you for being pissed. The new "American Way" is reap the cream for yourself and don't help with the real work. I say "Leave it as you found it or in better condition", or your gone. I know a few people that want to hunt my spots and private land. All year long they talk a good hunt and don't prepare, don't help with anything, food plots, stand sites, buying anything, and they say the hunting around here isn't very good. Then 2 weeks before the season they want to go, andto my spots. I tell them sure but I reciprocate, lets start out going to your private spot first and when they don't have any I tell them to give me a call when they get one. "What's that old saying "Excuses are like a******s, everybody has one." IfI sound intolerant your right.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Banned

My family deals with that crap all the time. Then some jerk usually likes to shoot a doe or two in the field of their house. Funny how people will stop by close to hunting season andoffer a friendlyhand. Where are they the rest of the year? Rule here is family only. No friends, no friends of friends. Last year some jacka$$ showed up and just said " I needto get a (permission)slip". Are youfriggin kidding me? After he was toldno, he had the nerve to say, "Aw come on, theres plenty of room here"...

Notfor your fata$$, get moving you schmuck.

Oh, yeah....I forgot one little trick that works. If they ask to hunt on your land, say 120 acres, ask if you can hunt on theirs. But it has to be bigger than yours.People with a bigger tract wont ask..