HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wanna Hunt my Private Land for FREE!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Alsatian
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wanna Hunt my Private Land for FREE!!!

That's a funny story. I don't understand it. I don't get invited on many people's property to hunt. For several years I have hunted on a 160 acre plot of ground that my niece's husband's father leases for cattle. My niece's husband invited me to hunt there. I always try to get him some special gifts, usually of a hunting nature, to show my appreciation for his invitation -- above and beyond whatever family Christmas gift drawing we might do. Additionally, since it is his dad who actually leases the land, I get the dad a gift card every year and make a special visit at Christmas to give the gift. I know this is pretty small potatoes, but it is at least in the positive side of the ledger. I do not leave trash on the hunting ground or go against any of the rules or expectations of my hosts. I lock gates after I pass through them. How much trouble does it take to do that? While it is somewhat bogus, I think, to say this out of turn (to say before doing), I have it in my mind to treat my niece's husband to a pronghorn antelope DIY hunt near Gillette, Wyoming in 2010, to show my accumulated appreciation for his helping me out. He is an avid hunter, and I'm pretty sure he would enjoy this a lot.