Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Big Game TreeStands (Partner Plus) >

Big Game TreeStands (Partner Plus)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Big Game TreeStands (Partner Plus)

Old 09-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Big Game TreeStands (Partner Plus)

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has this stand and likes/dislikes it? Picked one up at Bass Pro yesterday and will be putting it up next weekend. If anyone hasone do you haveany tips for setting it up? Lessons learned from setting a double seater up?

Thanks,
Mack
Old 09-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big Game TreeStands (Partner Plus)

Hi mack welcome to the site but what stand are you talking about. i dont see the name of it in your question. only thing i can think of is that you made the name of the stand your name?
Old 09-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

It's the (Partner Plus) from Big Game Treestands. Its a double seater.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

If at all possible, assemble first! It maybe hard depending on where you set it up, trying to fumble with bolts and nuts and wrenchs in the woods can be a pain. I would also enlist the help of a friend or even a kid if possible. It just helps with putting up, holding the ladder while you strap to tree, etc.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

ihave a simliar stand made by that company i believe, easy directions..my only complaint is that the seats suck so you might wanna put some extra cushion on there...btw its a 2 seater also
Old 09-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

I bought the Big Buddy 2 man stand last year and I agree with Johnny on the assembly. Assemble before you take it into the field and have someone help you with standing/securing on tree. BigGame makes good stuff and I hope you enjoy your new stand.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty much what everyone else is saying. I have two 2 man stands that I use just for the comfort of having more room (not the brand your asking about though). Assemble the main seat and rail part before taking it to the woods. I'm tall and the seat height compared to the floor was too short for me and it made my back hurt after about 1/2 hour. I built a "booster seat" out of some treated lumber to raise my rear off the seat about 6 inches. It was easier on my back and knees. I also add acouple of extra ratchet straps to around the seat railing to the tree to stiffin it up nice a sturdy.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Otsdawa_Game_Hunter

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has this stand and likes/dislikes it? Picked one up at Bass Pro yesterday and will be putting it up next weekend. If anyone hasone do you haveany tips for setting it up? Lessons learned from setting a double seater up?

Thanks,
Mack
i've used that same stand for the past three years and i've been pleased with it. i bought it so i could have more room for myself and my gear while on stand for several hours. like the others have said assemble it out of the woods if possible so you can find bolts, washers, and nuts that you will drop. although i did assemble the ladder portion (pre-assembled)and the stand portion (pre-assembled)together in the woods in order to transport it to and through the woods.
after everything was assembled i threw a good rope over a limb and had a buddy pull on it away from the tree while another buddy and i lifted and pushed the top of the stand toward the tree as we worked our hands from the top of the ladder towards the bottom of the ladder as we pushed the stand up and toward the tree. if you had a 4 wheeler you could use that to pull the stand up as a couple of people guided the stand up and back.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the info and I will do it that way. I'm just gonna leave it in the jeep (boxed) until I get to the cabin then assemble there. Thanks for all the advice. I can't wait to get the thing hung up now. Rifle opens up Nov 15th and I'm real excited. Gonna duck hunt and trout fish till then to keep my sanity up.

Thanks Again,
Mack