Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

big game treestands

Old 09-26-2007, 07:02 AM

Default big game treestands

i just ordered a big game lock on from bass pro for 49 dollars. sounds a little good to be true, but i figured I'd try it out. anyone ever sat in one, are they somewhat comfortable?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: big game treestands

I have one of their lock ons. I do not remember what model it is, but It has a very large platform, which I like. The seat is ok. Average at best. I have had it in the same tree for 3 years now. No problems. Fairly comfortable. Great price.
I would purchase another. Most of my lock ons are on public land, so I have trouble hanging and leaving an expensive lock on there. I would rather lose a cheap on instead of an expensive one. If I want total comfort, I will bring my Summit climber.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Big Game Boss XL hang on. I really like it. The platform is HUGE, and the seat folds up out of the way quietly and easily. Good stand for the $.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:55 PM

thanks guy's, that makes me feel better. i was worried about safety issues, but you've put my mind at ease
Old 09-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up the Boss hang on stand for this year. I had it set up in the yard last weekend and did some shooting from it. I really liked it.Platform was great and the seat was very comfortable. I am used to my climbers which don't have great seats so this will be a nice change.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Me and a buddy are in the process of accumulating as many stands as we can now... We've been buying up these little $29 and $39 stands from places like Dic k's and Gander Mountain. Haven't had a chance to use any of them yet, but with thievery as rampant as it has become these days, I feel like I'll worry a lot less than if I lose one of my Summit Copperheads or Deer Deck Lites or even worse one of my Lone Wolf Alphas.