Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New 3D Partner

Old 03-31-2008, 03:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default New 3D Partner

Since we opened Capitol Archery back in January, my wife has started shooting. She started with a Diamond Edge and I have already moved her up to the Liberty. Got her a great coach and for the last 3 months she has shot only at bales. 5,10,15,20 yards, eyes shut, working on form. Practice, practice, practice. Over the weekend she finally shot her first 30 round of 3D. She shot a 279!!!!!!

Luckily for me I pulled out a 300 but, I was worried there for the first few targets when she was whacking arrow after arrow right into mine!! LOL

She only started shooting Jan. 2nd and had no intentions of hunting, her bow is in comp. colors, silver sure-loc and silver scope, silver stab etc.

Now she thinks she may want to hunt as well. Great, my wife will be taking bigger bucks than me, bigger turkeys, better 3D scores. What have I done?!?! She'll need a hunting set up now too.

I have created the ultimate hunting partner, that's what.Of all the people in the world, she will make me step up my game. Can't be outdone by the wife and if it happens. AWESOME!!!!!
Old 03-31-2008, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New 3D Partner

Thats . My wife had always shot guns, and when she showed an interst in shooting a bow I set one up for her, She started pounding 25 after 25 right off the bat and has now been my hunting and shooting partner for around 26 years. We would have went without deer meat some years if it was not for her.
Tell your wife congrats on a great first score.
I am going to stop in and see you first time I get down that way.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats awesome my wife shoots with me but just target she will never hunt. But she is getting to be a better shot then me
Old 04-01-2008, 03:17 AM
Typical Buck

She has already taken to the guns as of last year. She has more interest in them than I do. I own one for turkey but, she is looking at a Ruger .40 hand gun and is going off shooting it this weekend to see if she wants it.

Sliver, we'd love to have ya down. Wait 'till the weather warms up some more and we'll go shoot a couple different clubs and go see them Tigers!!
Old 08-20-2018, 05:34 PM
Spike

Default New 3D Partner

Congrats on the new hunting partner, that Z7 is an outstanding bow. Good luck and enjoy
Old 08-21-2018, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great story. When putting forth an effort, women tend to shoot better as men as they tend to concentrate better.