Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New to the sight

Old 09-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Spike

Default New to the sight

Hi all,
My name is Dustin and I am a member of Huntingbrotherhood.com. It is another hunting forum I frequent, right now we are having a multi-forum hunting challenge going on. It has teams of 5 group members from any forum that wants to participate. It is for a good cause and it is free. If you would like to join in simply go to our forum and register. Then post in the multi-forum challenge that you are from huntingnet.com and that you would like to enter a team. If you do register under referals put in my screen name (05_sprcrw) just so they know who sent you that way. We could really use some more teams, please feel free to come over and enter a huntingnet.com team we would love to have ya on board. It seems like you guys really know your stuff. I am sorry if I broke forum rules, or if I posted in the wrong location. I have lurked here a for a while just never posted, instead just abosorbed as much info as I could.

www.huntingbrotherhood.com

Here is the contest rules:

Hello Everyone,

We'd like to invite you to participate in the first annual Huntingbrotherhood.com All-Forum Deer Contest. Since we all share a passion for hunting and most of us belong to multiple hunting forums, we thought it would be fun to hold a deerhunting contest between the participating forums. We are hoping this will be a good opportunity to get introduced to some fellow hunters, enhance the camaraderie amongst forum members, see some pictures of some great deer that are taken, and most of all have a bunch of fun along the way.

The rules are simple: Simply sign up for the contest on http://huntingbrotherhood.com/ and pick the forum team that you would like to be on. If a hunter would rather be assigned to a team instead of choosing let the forum they are representing know and the contest leader for that forum will place them on a team needing members. The number of members per team will be limited to 5 and the scoring rules are as follows:
All weapons are allowed.
Point system
Each team member can enter one buck/bull and one doe, and 3 small game/varmint animals , that is 5 game animals per member or 25 per team if your team is smaller than 5 you may enter enough to complete the 25 game animals.
you may enter an Antelope, Bear or Hog as your first big game choice & swap if you get a deer or Elk

Doe = 50 points
Buck/Elk= 50 points plus 10 points for each point measuring 1” or greater
(A button buck will only score 50 points because the antlers have to be 1" long or greater.)
Wild = 20 points

(Wild) means ANY wild animal that you wish to submit, Hogs, Turkey, Squirrels, Yotes, Antelope,Bear. ETC

Youth teams that do not qualify to hunt deer because of age; you may enter up to 6 of the following:

Wild = 30 points

(Wild) means ANY wild animal that you wish to submit, Hogs, Turkey, Squirrels, Yotes, ETC

To all participants, There is no individual score only team score. You cannot kill a deer or small game animal for another team member.
A photograph must be posted that includes the weapon and that verifies the number of points on a buck's rack; A contestant can substitute one buck for another during the course of the contest.

Don't forget, we will only have 5 members per forum team although we will allow multiple teams per forum if enough members are interested. Registration will begin on August 1st and will close on Sept 30th. The contest begins August 15th and will continue until January 15th, 2009.

Anyone registering can have his or her forum name & team on their signature line.
Example:
User name: jkcerda,
Signature. Team--* Deer Masters @HBH.com

Each forum will have a link to the other forums contest thread, we encourage all participating members to sign up to the other forums & introduce your self’s; Team leaders will be responsible for keeping the score for their particular team & posting and update in the participating forums, each forum will have their best Single Team to represent them in the challenge, no swapping bucks, this challenge is based on the honor system, means you tell me that’s a 150” buck I take your word for it.

The prize:

Winning forum gets to pick a foundation that will send a child/disabled adult on a guided Ram hunt in Texas that includes 2 nights stay and meals; list of foundations will be added b4 the end of the hunt, we are still working with them & finalizing details with the outfitter.

Regardless of which forum claims the win, the real winner will be the child/disabled adult that will get to enjoy this hunt, this contest is meant for us as hunters to get to know each other as well as to help those who are less fortunate than us, also please remember to donate if possible to the hunters for the hungry foundation in your local state.

As you can see, there are no reasons to cheat, but plenty of reasons to get out there & participate & give it your best shot; we hope you have the opportunity to participate, and lets all have an enjoyable and safe hunting season. Good luck!

Old 09-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New to the sight

Intersting. anyone game??
Old 09-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New to the sight

Any bonus for archery?